The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
She's out of touch with how many of her voters feel

Seems the way Western politics works they all support this agenda when they get into power.. who is pressuring them?

Wont be long until under a Conservative government this will be a common sight

1508092261134.jpg
Ever since Tony Blair took Labour to the right to win votes, the Conservatives have moved to the left to win the same votes.

Also, because the western societal consensus now is economically conservative, socially liberal.
We need JRM to come in and restore balance to the party
When Robert Peel carried Catholic emancipation, created the Metropolitan Police and repealed the Corn Laws.

In other words the Conservative Party was born progressive.
Reply 5
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
lol no it isn't.

Anglophonic consensus maybe, but most European nations are the opposite (even Germany I wouldn't call socially liberal, especially when it comes to LGBT and gender equality).

Cosmopolitan Germany is. And we know how London-centric the UK is, so that's why they're like that.

And saying anything against it just makes you sound like a bigot...see below
(edited 6 years ago)
Ever since they sold their soul to the gay agenda to secure votes.

This is why need someone like Mogg to challenge the immorality and indecency in our society.
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
lol no it isn't.

Anglophonic consensus maybe, but most European nations are the opposite (even Germany I wouldn't call socially liberal, especially when it comes to LGBT and gender equality).

A woman has been in power in Germany for a decade tho. Luxembourg and Serbia both have gay PMs. The Spanish king approved same-sex marriage the first chance he got.

And then there's the Nordic countries.

---

Also, "the western world" is technically from west of London on.
Original post by nulli tertius
When Robert Peel carried Catholic emancipation, created the Metropolitan Police and repealed the Corn Laws.

Peel was utterly destroyed as a Tory Prime Minister by the Repeal of the Corn Laws. Quite cynically, by Disraeli.

To claim that this indicates that the Conservative Party were "born progressive" is a stretch. :biggrin:
Original post by Little Toy Gun
A woman has been in power in Germany for a decade tho. Luxembourg and Serbia both have gay PMs.

Amazing, I had no idea about Serbia. That's really incredible progress they've made.

The Spanish king approved same-sex marriage the first chance he got.

It's not really for the Spanish king to decline such legislation; Spain is, like the UK, a constitutional monarchy.

However, it's true to say that even traditional, Catholic Spain legalised gay marriage very early on (wasn't it back around 2004 or something?)

I would agree with the TSRian above on Germany; that country really is very conservative outside of Berlin, Hamburg, Leipzig etc. The progressive worship of Germany (mainly because it is identified in their minds with the EU) is utterly misconceived and slightly pathetic
Original post by Underscore__
We need JRM to come in and restore balance to the party

And restore votes to Labour, good idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
And restore votes to Labour, good idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

People will see through Father Christmas eventually and be blue pilled into the Conservatives
Original post by MaySucks
She's out of touch with how many of her voters feel

Seems the way Western politics works they all support this agenda when they get into power.. who is pressuring them?

Wont be long until under a Conservative government this will be a common sight

1508092261134.jpg

What is this 'Drag Queen Storytime'? Is this for real?
People will see through Father Christmas eventually and be blue pilled into the Conservatives

The blue pill is the one you take to stay in delusion.... Seems fitting as it is the only reason to vote Tory.
Original post by AlexanderHam

I would agree with the TSRian above on Germany; that country really is very conservative outside of Berlin, Hamburg, Leipzig etc. The progressive worship of Germany (mainly because it is identified in their minds with the EU) is utterly misconceived and slightly pathetic

It's more of a stupid none thinking liberal (dare I sat centrist) thing to fawn over the christian democrat party.

Germany does have a more sensible common sense none suicidal centre right though. Like is actually engages in economics that isn't totally idiotic and has a more grown up attitude to green energy.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
The blue pill is the one you take to stay in delusion.... Seems fitting as it is the only reason to vote Tory.

Thanks for the education on The Matrix, in this instance the definitions are reversed
Original post by nulli tertius

and then came the leader after Disraeli and they reverted to being the party of the rich.
Thanks for the education on The Matrix, in this instance the definitions are reversed

The red pill will lift the wool from your eyes and let you see the system you live in for what it really is. It's analogousness to class consciousness in left wing politics :rofl:

Conservatism is literally things are fine as they and the current lot what to carry on as normal. They are the big bad robots enslaving humanity. They are pro human battery farms. Pro Matrix.

Red and blue are fitting colours.... Vote Tory if you want The Matrix. Vote Labour if you want Star Trek.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by MaySucks
may.png

I completely agree. I have been wondering for many years now when the time will come when Conservatives will wake up and realise that their part is more like the Second Bolshevik Revolution part than Conservatives.

The Conservative party are not conservatives. They are nutter liberals who believe that race and gender are social constructs, that to say otherwise is hate speech, that there is no equivalence between the far-left and the far-right and generally criminalising “hate speech” and combating oppression by outing people who do prejudicial speech on the BBC.
Original post by AlexanderHam
Amazing, I had no idea about Serbia. That's really incredible progress they've made.

Meh, it's a bit of a mix. Outside of Belgrade and Novi Sad, attitudes aren't that LGBT-friendly (though, to be fair, those two cities do make up about a quarter of Serbia's population). In the rest of the country, attitudes are a lot more conservative.

But the problem isn't really the crusty old prudish conservatives - they'll tut and and give funny looks if they see a gay couple holding hands, but other than that they won't do much. The more serious problem is a hangover from the Yugoslav wars - a small but very vocal minority of far-right thugs who do pose quite a serious danger. They're scattered all over the country, even in Belgrade. Most Belgraders really despise them (they're the embodiment of everything progressive Serbians are ashamed of about the 1990s), but they do need to be watched out for.

That said, Belgrade's an absolutely amazing city for parties and nightlife, and from what I've gathered from when I've been there the gay bar and club scene is far from an exception to that.

Latest

Trending

Trending