The Student Room Group

Who pays on the first date?

Him or Her?
No one. You both do a runner
Original post by entertainmyfaith
there seems to be the stereotype/expectation for males to pay for the first date entirely; not quite sure why. i'd rather the bill was split

if ur a girl youre lying
if ur a man u don't go on dates
Reply 3
It depends xD Most time the guy pays...but what about same-sex dates O_O does that just cause the world to implode?
For the first date for me it's whoever asked the other person on the date...After that you either split the bill or it's whoever gets the card on the table first :smile:
Original post by angrypoliceman
if ur a girl youre lying
if ur a man u don't go on dates

wdym lying? i'm a girl; i've never been in the situation of going on a date yet but particularly if the date doesn't go well i'd feel guilty for the man footing the entire bill.
Reply 6
Whoever asked out who.
Reply 7
Depends. I think it's fair to split the bill. If one is taking the other out though it can be fair for them to pay. If I want to eat at Frankie and Benny's but he insists on the Ritz then he can pay for my stupidly expensive meal. Ditto the other way round. If you're the one deciding on expensive food when they aren't comfortable spending that much you need to be willing to contribute to theirs.
On a normal date it's not fair for a girl to assume the guy should be paying, but if the guy want to pay ten fine.
Reply 8
whoever asks for the date pays
take it in turns. but its customary for men to pay for the first. and if he really likes you he'd be stupid not to. most women won't agree to a second date if you don't pay for the first.
Shouldn't the thread title be 'whom pays for the first date?', or should instead the OP say 'he or she?'?
Split the bill.
I think say to split it but if the guy offers, I think you should let him
When the bill comes Say "I'm just gonna pop to the toilet"
Then DIP FROM THE SCENE
unless one party insists on something stupidly expensive then it should be split 50/50 imo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending