The Student Room Group

Mondelez International Finance Graduate Scheme - Video Interview

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone would be able to give me any advice on how to prepare for the above? I've never had an interview for a grad scheme before.

I've been told it'll be a structured competency based interview.

Thanks in advance! :smile:
Reply 1
Its fairly straight forward to find out whats in a competency based interview. They want to understand your skills/experience/attitude. Each question is designed to test a particular competency they are looking for. So I would advise looking up what other people have said about the interview (maybe on wikijob). Additionally, look up general competency interview questions. It will be along the lines of "can you tell me a time when you've had a conflict with your manager" or "can you tell me about when you've worked in a team".

Personally I would collate a page of questions and practice speaking the answers to them out loud. Its can be difficult to recall the answer you want to give in the moment, and having rehearsed what you want to say will make it much easier. There are still likely to be questions coming up that you have to think up on the spot. Speaking to a computer is quite unnatural - especially if its not a person on the other end and they are just recording you. Id suggest recording yourself before hand - check everything sounds ok, the background looks ok etc etc.
Reply 2
Original post by josh_v
Its fairly straight forward to find out whats in a competency based interview. They want to understand your skills/experience/attitude. Each question is designed to test a particular competency they are looking for. So I would advise looking up what other people have said about the interview (maybe on wikijob). Additionally, look up general competency interview questions. It will be along the lines of "can you tell me a time when you've had a conflict with your manager" or "can you tell me about when you've worked in a team".

Personally I would collate a page of questions and practice speaking the answers to them out loud. Its can be difficult to recall the answer you want to give in the moment, and having rehearsed what you want to say will make it much easier. There are still likely to be questions coming up that you have to think up on the spot. Speaking to a computer is quite unnatural - especially if its not a person on the other end and they are just recording you. Id suggest recording yourself before hand - check everything sounds ok, the background looks ok etc etc.

Thank you! I did read your advice before the interview took place but forgot to reply.

I passed the video interview.

Cheers again. :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi JME

Would you like to share the interview questions here?
Reply 4
Original post by ramvenkat89
Hi JME

Would you like to share the interview questions here?

Hi there,

Do you have a video interview with Mondelez?
Hi JME,

Yes, I do have a skype interview in 2 days time.
Reply 6
Hi JME,

Yes, I do have a skype interview in 2 days time.

Cool, which scheme have you applied for?
Finance Graduate :smile:
Reply 8
Finance Graduate :smile:

Ok, send me a private message if you have any particular questions and i'll try to help out :smile:
Hey, hope this letter Will find you well. Could give me tips about your interview?

Quick Reply

Latest