The Student Room Group

GSK Future Leaders Programme 2018

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone else was applying for the FLP this year and how you are finding the application process/what stage are you at?

I'm applying for Manufacturing Science - Microbiology and I'm really nervous
because there is one space on the programme...

Scroll to see replies

I want to apply but am so so scared of just failing the first stage of the application :redface: I am thinking of applying to Manufacturing science- analytical chemistry. Have you already applied?
Reply 2
Yes I've already applied, I've done the online tests and they have said that it could take weeks before I'm able to do the competency questions
Original post by quinny07
Yes I've already applied, I've done the online tests and they have said that it could take weeks before I'm able to do the competency questions

How much experience do you have, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Poooky
How much experience do you have, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

I have a good bit, I'm currently working at GSK as a contract worker in the Micro department so I have a bit of experience behind me. But it hasn't asked me about my motivations to work at GSK yet which is weird. And yourself?
I completed the competency questions today, that's the section that asks about your motivation to work at GSK.
Reply 6
Yeah I got those today too, how did you answer the first question? I got thrown by the skills and experience to deliver results part so I’m struggling to answer it because I want my answer to be perfect 🙈
Reply 7
Can I ask - once you start the competency questions, do you have to complete them in one sitting? or can you look at the questions, log out, and then submit your answers the day after? Thanks in advance!
Yeah I got those today too, how did you answer the first question? I got thrown by the skills and experience to deliver results part so I’m struggling to answer it because I want my answer to be perfect 🙈

It's a pretty standard question, it's just relating your skill set to the skills required to drive results
Original post by Polanyi
Can I ask - once you start the competency questions, do you have to complete them in one sitting? or can you look at the questions, log out, and then submit your answers the day after? Thanks in advance!

Yeah you can come back to them but I think you have to answer them within 3 days of recieving the email or something like that I can't remember off the top of my head
Reply 10
Original post by Markthomas342
Yeah you can come back to them but I think you have to answer them within 3 days of recieving the email or something like that I can't remember off the top of my head

Thank you!
Reply 11
Yeah once I thought about it they weren’t too bad, just have to wait to see if we’ve got an interview now.
I know! It took such a long time to get an email about the competency questions though I expect we'll be waiting for ages!
Reply 13
That’s very true, I’d been worriying about the competency questions since I submitted my application on the 2nd, considering the assessment centre for my stream is in February I wonder how long I’ll kept waiting.
Hi, you know the online tests? can you do it like one test a day?
so, you can do numerical on one day, and then verbal and the others on the next day, etc..
Applying this year. Was stuck in limbo last year for which to apply to (I have a science degree but would really prefer business) and never actually finished the application process.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Bloom77
Hi, you know the online tests? can you do it like one test a day?
so, you can do numerical on one day, and then verbal and the others on the next day, etc..

I think so, I did all of mine in one day just to get them done, but I’m sure it said you could go back to complete them. They don’t take very long though about 40 minutes at most. I don’t know what they’re like for other streams but I did mostly a personality test with a numerical reasoning test thrown in.
I think so, I did all of mine in one day just to get them done, but I’m sure it said you could go back to complete them. They don’t take very long though about 40 minutes at most. I don’t know what they’re like for other streams but I did mostly a personality test with a numerical reasoning test thrown in.

How long after the test do you get a reply?
Is it straight away?

the online tests*
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Bloom77
How long after the test do you get a reply?
Is it straight away?

the online tests*

I got feedback for the values fit the next day and then found out I could move on to the motivational questions a week later 😊
I have a good bit, I'm currently working at GSK as a contract worker in the Micro department so I have a bit of experience behind me. But it hasn't asked me about my motivations to work at GSK yet which is weird. And yourself?

I have no experience except working in an academic lab for a year! This seems like a wasted application for myself really :redface: Good luck with your application! I keep putting applying off :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending