The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester University Offer!

Hooray! My first offer is in. Conditional from Manchester for 35 IB points.

Has anyone else received an offer yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Already at Uni but Congratulations.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by duncangrant

Congratulations! What course did you apply for?
Reply 3
Original post by Milky_Way
Congratulations! What course did you apply for?

BA Geography (3 years). And thanks :smile:
I got an offer for Law, being acknowledged in the same day too!
Reply 5
Original post by hxfsxh

when did you send of your UCAS application, what are you predicted grades and what grades is the offer,

would really appreciate the response as i am too applying for the same course at Manchester
(edited 6 years ago)

I have an interview with them coming up :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by hxfsxh

Awesome, congrats! What were your other choices?
What does 35 IB mean? Im in year 12 haven't got to the point of applying and stuff so just curious
Original post by iahm1475
when did you send of your UCAS application, what are you predicted grades and what grades is the offer,

would really appreciate the response as i am too applying for the same course at Manchester

Sent on 9th October
Predicted A*AA (already have A in politics and A* in EPQ)
Offer AAA
Awesome, congrats! What were your other choices?

Cambridge, KCL, Warwick and Lancaster :smile:
Thank yoU!!
Original post by Ismaeel Ali
What does 35 IB mean? Im in year 12 haven't got to the point of applying and stuff so just curious

IB (International Baccalaureate) is sort of like an A-Level equivalent but with more subjects. Each of your six subjects are graded 1-7, with 2 extra points for your Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge (don't ask XD). So the total max points you could get is 45, and Manchester is offering 35, which is just above average.
IB (International Baccalaureate) is sort of like an A-Level equivalent but with more subjects. Each of your six subjects are graded 1-7, with 2 extra points for your Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge (don't ask XD). So the total max points you could get is 45, and Manchester is offering 35, which is just above average.

That sounds like hell. I wish you the best of luck i hope you get all the grades you need to get 35 IB :biggrin:
Original post by hxfsxh
Sent on 9th October
Predicted A*AA (already have A in politics and A* in EPQ)
Offer AAA

I'm applying for the same course as well, but my application was sent on the 10th and acknowledged on the 17th. Seems surprising to me that they were so fast with their law applicants! I'm applying as an international student (non-EU) with a predicted grade of 42 in IB with 4A*s and 5As in my IGCSEs (GCSE equivalent). Any ideas why they are taking so long to get back to me though?
Original post by davidli1324
I'm applying for the same course as well, but my application was sent on the 10th and acknowledged on the 17th. Seems surprising to me that they were so fast with their law applicants! I'm applying as an international student (non-EU) with a predicted grade of 42 in IB with 4A*s and 5As in my IGCSEs (GCSE equivalent). Any ideas why they are taking so long to get back to me though?

It could be the fact that you've taken non-standard qualifications i.e. iGCSE and IB and that you're an international student too. At least you've received the acknowledgement meaning that you are definitely being considered in the applicant pool.
Original post by hxfsxh
It could be the fact that you've taken non-standard qualifications i.e. iGCSE and IB and that you're an international student too. At least you've received the acknowledgement meaning that you are definitely being considered in the applicant pool.

Oh okay, I see. I guess I just have to sit back and relax for now. The time difference is somewhat bothering though, as I check my email every morning while extremely drowsy but to no avail. Anyways, thanks for the help!
I got an offer through yesterday! PPE, AAA.

Well done! I've got an interview for Arabic and Spanish at Manchester on the 8th so I probably won't hear any news from them until then.
What are your predicted grades? I'm applying for French and German at Manchester

Unconditional from Sheffield.
This is great to hear though, congratulations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending