The Student Room Group

Which would be the best supermarket to shop in with new girlfriend?

She isn't exactly new to me anymore as I've known her since at least January, but I've yet to walk around with her in supermarket, something which occurred to me last night whilst I was doing a late night shopping run at Tesco, and saw a couple together laughing about something.

So which would you say would be the best supermarket to shop in with her? I absolutely refuse to set foot in Aldi or Lidl. :noway:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Poundland.
Original post by Pithfal
She isn't exactly new to me anymore as I've known her since at least January, but I've yet to walk around with her in supermarket, something which occurred to me last night whilst I was doing a late night shopping run at Tesco, and saw a couple together laughing about something.

So which would you say would be the best supermarket to shop in with her? I absolutely refuse to set foot in Aldi or Lidl. :noway:

Go ASDA if you wana save money. If she white then go to some white supermarket like Sainsbury or Waitrose
Why would she care?? It's a supermarket
I don't think she could care less about which supermarket, you go to with her.
Go to Sainsbury's, she'll think you're rich. :lol:
Christ on a bike relationships section has really outdone itself this time.
Reply 7
Original post by gabriellakhan
Go to Sainsbury's, she'll think you're rich. :lol:

I already do in the daytime as it's only a 5 minute walk away from my flat, I only went to Tesco at night because my nearest branch is 24 hours opening unlike Sainsburys. :colonhash:

Original post by VirgoStrain
You’re not taking her for a date there are you (if you are I’d recommend the Café section of Sainsbury’s). And anyway unless you really happen to need food just buy it yourself...
No, but I do want to take her to the café section eventually, (and I'm sat in the café there right now).

I'd buy the food myself, it'd just be nice to have her with me whilst I'm there shopping.
You shouldn't overthink this. Nor should you take her to Waitrose just to impress her.
Take her to Ann summers
Great supermarket
What's wrong with Aldi/Lidl?
Original post by Jackieox
What's wrong with Aldi/Lidl?

Nothing, as the business section in the paper pointed out the other day - people on a higher than average income are more likely to shop there than rivals.

You get the odd snob that won't (ahhhheeeem) but yeah.
Original post by Pithfal

Is this what constitutes a date these days?
This is the most socially awkward post I've ever seen in my life...
depends what you want to be honest, I thinkthe best food is from Mark's n Spencers or Waitrose, but all the standards ones have their benefits. Also, why be a supermarket snob? Aldi has some great value stuff.
Definitely Primark.
ALdi has those biscuits called groovy biscuits and they taste so good so stop hating
Lidl. If you save your money you can invest it and benefit from greater returns.
Original post by Pithfal

Whatever's closest. If we're excluding Lidl it'd be stupid for me to go anywhere other than Tesco with people cos other shops are so much further.
Nothing wrong with Aldi or Lidl though- they're great for cheap snacks and you can still find brands in there. I wouldn't do my regular shopping there, but they are great for some things.
Honestly though it isn't a big deal. She's not going to judge you for where you shop and if she does she isn't worth being with.
Shopping is an activity that should be done by yourself, unless you are helping someone who cannot carry large amounts of shopping, or is a child who cannot handle money/credit/debit cards.

Quick Reply

Latest