The Student Room Group

Help? Changing courses after receiving offers?

Hi,
So I applied for Economics and Politics at Manchester, Leeds, LSE, Liverpool and Birmingham. However, after talking to a lecturer at Manchester among other reasons such as the course content, respectability and appropriateness of my A-Levels I want to switch to just Economics.

I've already received offers from Manchester, Leeds and Liverpool. What should I do?
Original post by chrlhyms
Hi,
So I applied for Economics and Politics at Manchester, Leeds, LSE, Liverpool and Birmingham. However, after talking to a lecturer at Manchester among other reasons such as the course content, respectability and appropriateness of my A-Levels I want to switch to just Economics.

I've already received offers from Manchester, Leeds and Liverpool. What should I do?

just econ and all of your choice? if you want to stick to the same universities then contact them all and ask if they are willing to consider you for just economics.
Original post by claireestelle
just econ and all of your choice? if you want to stick to the same universities then contact them all and ask if they are willing to consider you for just economics.

Probably for all apart from Liverpool as my insurance! Yeah, I 100% want to stick with the same unis! Do you think they will be open to the idea of me changing? Will I have to do anything extra for it?
Hi,

You can email them and they'll tell you whether you can change or not. I doubt they'll say no though since both courses are similar.
Probably for all apart from Liverpool as my insurance! Yeah, I 100% want to stick with the same unis! Do you think they will be open to the idea of me changing? Will I have to do anything extra for it?

Depends if there's places on the course, call admissions up at each of the universities and ask if they'll consider it.
Depends if there's places on the course, call admissions up at each of the universities and ask if they'll consider it.

Ahhh surely all the places won't have gone its only October? I will call up Monday
Original post by GreenBell
You can email them and they'll tell you whether you can change or not. I doubt they'll say no though since both courses are similar.

I was just worried about number of places or my personal statement
Ahhh surely all the places won't have gone its only October? I will call up Monday

they shouldnt be gone at all, it could just be that politics could be more competitive, but i wouldnt about it.
they shouldnt be gone at all, it could just be that politics could be more competitive, but i wouldnt about it.

Within admissions should i contact where p and e is located or where economics is?
Within admissions should i contact where p and e is located or where economics is?

they should be in the same school, if you can't find contact details for them then try central admissions instead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending