The Student Room Group

Still no Luck

Still no luck, another week without a girlfriend, still no where nearer
Come out clubbing with me we'll get SCHMASHED and pull some TOTTEH
Original post by manthesam24

Just be yourself, talk to girls like you talk to your male friends. Don't put them on a pedestal, they are just people.

Improve yourself, hit the gym, wear nice clothes, groom well, have a good hairstyle, have good posture.

Love yourself and be happy, do things that make you happy, partake in your hobbies, relax, be proud of the person you are, you have just got much right as everyone else.

You could try online dating, speed dating, joining clubs based on hobbies, through college/uni, through your network and approaching females.

I hope this helps:

1) Relax, imagine you're just observing or there as a traveller. For example, if you are on holiday, you go there to experience and observe the attraction, you're not going to get anxious doing that are you?

2) Smile, smiling in contagious.

3) Be confident, respect yourself, accept yourself, work out, wear good clothes, feel good, focus on your passions, know you are a good person who treats people well, think positively, be proud of yourself, do things that make you happy, remember your happy times, what makes you confident? What makes you proud? Do you have a skill you are good at? Do things like cooking, driving, learning that increases your confidence daily.

Have good posture, body language, improve your appearance. Be happy with yourself.

4) Dress well, have good grooming, hairstyle, have good posture.

5) Just say hi or hey to people in your vicinity, who cares if they don't say anything back?

6) Ask how they are, how's everything, what made them choose this course, their plans for the future, their plans for the rest of the day, weekend, how was their weekend, what they will get up to, what they got up to, ask them about their hobbies, talk about what's happening.

Talk about the weather or did you see that sports game? Just mingle with them,

Compliment them, say "I like your jacket".

If you know they went on a holiday or somewhere, ask them about it etc.

7) Be passionate about life.

8) Lighten up, have a laugh, laugh easily, be friendly, approachable, interested, relaxed.

9) Look outside!
Original post by Analyst89
Just be yourself, talk to girls like you talk to your male friends. Don't put them on a pedestal, they are just people.

You talk to your male friends differently than your female. Trust me :ahee:

Improve yourself, hit the gym, wear nice clothes, groom well, have a good hairstyle, have good posture.

It's all well and good having the "look", but, if like me, you can't cross the bridge between "potential opportunity" and making conversation it's pointless.

Love yourself and be happy, do things that make you happy, partake in your hobbies, relax, be proud of the person you are, you have just got much right as everyone else.

Sometimes this can be a lifelong battle and in that time your romantic life can be a wasteland.

You could try online dating,

I've thrown everything but the kitchen sink at various apps and sites, through my various phases of wanting a gf/and being too disillusioned to try anymore - online dating is ****, period. girls either want a millionaire that looks like Ryan Gosling or a lay - no GF to be had here, move along. :scrooge:

speed dating, joining clubs based on hobbies, through college/uni, through your network and approaching females.

All viable routes, (aside from the uni one for me personally I've exhausted that one).

I hope this helps:

1) Relax, imagine you're just observing or there as a traveller. For example, if you are on holiday, you go there to experience and observe the attraction, you're not going to get anxious doing that are you?

2) Smile, smiling in contagious.

3) Be confident, respect yourself, accept yourself, work out, wear good clothes, feel good, focus on your passions, know you are a good person who treats people well, think positively, be proud of yourself, do things that make you happy, remember your happy times, what makes you confident? What makes you proud? Do you have a skill you are good at? Do things like cooking, driving, learning that increases your confidence daily.

Have good posture, body language, improve your appearance. Be happy with yourself.

4) Dress well, have good grooming, hairstyle, have good posture.

5) Just say hi or hey to people in your vicinity, who cares if they don't say anything back?

I'd think this was odd if I were a girl. There's got to be a preclude.

6) Ask how they are, how's everything, what made them choose this course, their plans for the future, their plans for the rest of the day, weekend, how was their weekend, what they will get up to, what they got up to, ask them about their hobbies, talk about what's happening.

Talk about the weather or did you see that sports game? Just mingle with them,

Compliment them, say "I like your jacket".

If you know they went on a holiday or somewhere, ask them about it etc.

7) Be passionate about life.

8) Lighten up, have a laugh, laugh easily, be friendly, approachable, interested, relaxed.

9) Look outside!
Reply 4
but i dont like clubbing. where can i meet girls my age being 24. and how will i start conversations off
Reply 5
hello
Keep on grinding my comrade! There's bound to be one fish in this god-forsaken cesspool of a sea where your bait will be successful.
Reply 7
Original post by JDieMstr
Keep on grinding my comrade! There's bound to be one fish in this god-forsaken cesspool of a sea where your bait will be successful.

I don;t even know how to start up a converstation with a girl, keep her interested or where to meet one
I don;t even know how to start up a converstation with a girl, keep her interested or where to meet one

First of all, the only thing you need to start a conversation with SOMEONE( be they male or female) is to talk about a topic which both of you will enjoy talking about. Second of all, my first point about topic will fulfill this criteria. Lastly, really man? What do you think societies, clubs and mutual friends are for? Heck, just try sitting near girls in seminars or lectures and if they're not absolutely repulsed by you, go in for the KILL! e.g. say hi, how are you, where ya from or talk about the lecture itself....then from that, straight sailing my friend (only if you manage to pull it off, that is).
How long will it be before you start getting angry at your stepbrother?
Original post by Anonymous
How long will it be before you start getting angry at your stepbrother?

what do you mean
what do you mean

Your stepbrother has a girlfriend, and you don't. And for some bizarre reason you feel like that's a legitimate reason to dislike him.
Original post by Anonymous
Your stepbrother has a girlfriend, and you don't. And for some bizarre reason you feel like that's a legitimate reason to dislike him.

well im not going to get angry now as there is no point
Reply 13
And what steps have you taken to address the other points of self-improvements in your other threads? :rolleyes:
Original post by UWS
And what steps have you taken to address the other points of self-improvements in your other threads? :rolleyes:

1. I've Been going to the gym
2. Im going to the doctors to see if they can do something with my spots
3. I'm working hard at college
Reply 15
1. I've Been going to the gym
2. Im going to the doctors to see if they can do something with my spots
3. I'm working hard at college

This is excellent news.

Keep it up, but definitely don't expect a girlfriend overnight.
Original post by UWS
This is excellent news.

Keep it up, but definitely don't expect a girlfriend overnight.

im not expecting one over night. i just want one in the next 5 years
im not expecting one over night. i just want one in the next 5 years

Sam, putting a time limit on this sort of thing is not going to help. It's not a race.

Oh it's you again , hows your brilliant step brother doing

The positive advice so far has been good, as has the fact that you've been stepping up your game in other parts of life. However, having seen some of your previous posts, it communicates to me that you place way too much meaning behind getting a girlfriend, as if it'll be the all-encompassing source of your happiness and cure of your sorrows.

This isn't true. In fact, if you have this attitude about anything, you'll never be truly happy. Also, when something means to much to us we tend to clam up and, when it actually comes to the nitty gritty, stand still and do nothing.

Relax, and let the meaning behind getting a girlfriend go - you make you happy, nothing or no one else.

You got this.

Quick Reply