The Student Room Group

????

Hey guys my first post here haha! I am currently 17 years old and studying Art. Photography and Media Studies at A -level. I always wanted to go to uni but over the past year, i think i realised the only reason i wanted to go because that was almost expected from everyone at the the time and because my friends wanted to go and now I am so undecided if going will even be worTH IT and i am stressing myself out because i keep overthinking. Maybe it would be better to not go and focus on mental health but at the same time i want to go??? pls someone i am a mess ahahahahahaha advice?? even reassurance i am not alone (I want to do Fashion Design btw)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
What is it that you want to do in the future? how are our grads atm?
You definitely are not alone xD uni decisions and thoughts are terrifying! xD
Original post by hdoyle317
Hey guys my first post here haha! I am currently 17 years old and studying Art. Photography and Media Studies at A -level. I always wanted to go to uni but over the past year, i think i realised the only reason i wanted to go because that was almost expected from everyone at the the time and because my friends wanted to go and now I am so undecided if going will even be worTH IT and i am stressing myself out because i keep overthinking. Maybe it would be better to not go and focus on mental health but at the same time i want to go??? pls someone i am a mess ahahahahahaha advice?? even reassurance i am not alone

Haha, welcome! Little tip - Title your thread something a little more of a summary of your point, or a question, in your case "Should I go to Uni?"

The answer is - Not if you don't want to! Going to university should be because you want to, not because its expected of you.
There's no point going if you don't actually want to! Do a bit of research as to the courses available, but if there's nothing you like the look of don't feel pressured into going! The only reason you should go is if that's what you want - if not it's a total waste of time and there will probably be something else that's absolutely perfect for you! Good luck with finding out what's right for you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by FloralHybrid
Haha, welcome! Little tip - Title your thread something a little more of a summary of your point, or a question, in your case "Should I go to Uni?"

The answer is - Not if you don't want to! Going to university should be because you want to, not because its expected of you.

Thanks so much!! how do i change the title?
Reply 5
Original post by nevemarie17
There's no point going if you don't actually want to! Do a bit of research as to the courses available, but if there's nothing you like the look of don't feel pressured into going! The only reason you should go is if that's what you want - if not it's a total waste of time and there will probably be something else that's absolutely perfect for you! Good luck with finding out what's right for you :smile:

Thank you for the reply!!! and yeah i understand
Reply 6
Original post by Avaia
What is it that you want to do in the future? how are our grads atm?
You definitely are not alone xD uni decisions and thoughts are terrifying! xD

Fashion!!! ive only started my a level courses so we havent gotten any grades back or anything because only 2 months in
Thank you for the reply!!! and yeah i understand

Good luck! It's a hard decision to make, whatever happens you'll still have tons of options!
Thanks so much!! how do i change the title?

I'm not sure if you can once it's been started - But that's okay :smile:
Reply 9
Fashion!!! ive only started my a level courses so we havent gotten any grades back or anything because only 2 months in

You don't have to go to uni to get into a career in fashion, although it may help. There are other routes into the profession :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest