The Student Room Group

Should I email my old teacher about how he made me feel?

Back in high school, there was a teacher who always made me feel like **** and treated certain type of people with such disrespect.

I never took much notice until a day where I put my hand up to ask him for help in my assignment and he came to me purposely sighing heavily and dragging himself to me. His body language and attitude towards me really affected me. I remember working so hard and feeling proud of what I did and just wanted him to look over it but him telling me it wasn't really good just discouraged me. He treated this girl who did no work and clearly had no intention of performing well in that subject.. so well. I ended up getting the highest grade out of all and it just made me think.

I left high school and my friend who still goes there but she's a sixth form student, tells me he's still like that. No teacher should behave like that. I feel like sending him an email to just voice my opinions so he could maybe seriously think about how his behaviour may affect a students ability to do well and keep motivated. Should I? Is it worth it? I feel so deeply about bullying and self esteem. Or should I let the headteacher know about this because there are several teachers like this.
i think u should email him!
Personally if it’s still affecting the way you feel now then you should voice your opinion to make other people aware of his behaviour
If you are going to email him use another email address
Original post by Anonymous
Back in high school, there was a teacher who always made me feel like **** and treated certain type of people with such disrespect.

I never took much notice until a day where I put my hand up to ask him for help in my assignment and he came to me purposely sighing heavily and dragging himself to me. His body language and attitude towards me really affected me. I remember working so hard and feeling proud of what I did and just wanted him to look over it but him telling me it wasn't really good just discouraged me. He treated this girl who did no work and clearly had no intention of performing well in that subject.. so well. I ended up getting the highest grade out of all and it just made me think.

I left high school and my friend who still goes there but she's a sixth form student, tells me he's still like that. No teacher should behave like that. I feel like sending him an email to just voice my opinions so he could maybe seriously think about how his behaviour may affect a students ability to do well and keep motivated. Should I? Is it worth it? I feel so deeply about bullying and self esteem. Or should I let the headteacher know about this because there are several teachers like this.

I think you should do just that. The likelihood that he will give a toss will be low on his agenda if your friend tells you that his behaviour hasn't changed. It will make you feel better to tell him what an ******** he was to you, then go for it. As for the Headteacher, he/she will do nothing. Firstly, because in my experience of dealng with teachers like him and Headteachers, the Head will likely know what he is like and doesn't really care what you think. But again, get it off your chest. Then move on with your life and put it down to a bad experience and realize your worth for the future.
Reply 5
I'd do it

Do email him. Believe it or not he might be completely oblivious to how he's been acting. Also, you could be helping a batch of other students, too - if he sees the error of his ways through your email then you've potentially saved a whole load of other students he made feel the same way.

Tbh if I was him and was sent an email like that from a seemingly strong-willed individual, I'd feel horrified. It'd really make me change my ways and empathise with said person. Go for it...what have you got to lose?

You got this.
Reply 7
I would send a letter rather than an email. You could also scan a copy and email it to the head.
I think you should be contacting the Head Teacher.
Reply 9
Original post by geidiprimes
i think u should email him!

Original post by jessbean24
Personally if it’s still affecting the way you feel now then you should voice your opinion to make other people aware of his behaviour

Original post by Seamus123
I think you should do just that. The likelihood that he will give a toss will be low on his agenda if your friend tells you that his behaviour hasn't changed. It will make you feel better to tell him what an ******** he was to you, then go for it. As for the Headteacher, he/she will do nothing. Firstly, because in my experience of dealng with teachers like him and Headteachers, the Head will likely know what he is like and doesn't really care what you think. But again, get it off your chest. Then move on with your life and put it down to a bad experience and realize your worth for the future.

Original post by lxlxlee
I'd do it

Original post by harrythomas14
Do email him. Believe it or not he might be completely oblivious to how he's been acting. Also, you could be helping a batch of other students, too - if he sees the error of his ways through your email then you've potentially saved a whole load of other students he made feel the same way.

Tbh if I was him and was sent an email like that from a seemingly strong-willed individual, I'd feel horrified. It'd really make me change my ways and empathise with said person. Go for it...what have you got to lose?

You got this.

Original post by SESUK
I would send a letter rather than an email. You could also scan a copy and email it to the head.

Original post by barnetlad
I think you should be contacting the Head Teacher.

I'm going to do it. Thanks so much! Feeling very anxious though.
Original post by Skyewoods
If you are going to email him use another email address

I'm going to use my old school gmail
Yes. Email him as well as contacting the Head Teacher as well as any school governors.
It would be better to contact the head teacher and write a formal letter of complaint about his and other teachers behaviour.

Original post by BlueMeanie
Yes. Email him as well as contacting the Head Teacher as well as any school governors.

Original post by hannxm
It would be better to contact the head teacher and write a formal letter of complaint about his and other teachers behaviour.

I'll email both. Thanks for your help. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending