The Student Room Group

Why is israel untouchable?

If people do speak out, we'd be labelled "anti-semitic,anti-zionists" etc. So what is the truth about the Middle East and Israel? Why do the UK and US have such respect to a country that tears apart others? I really don't mean to be disrespectful but PLEASE READ THIS! http://www.rense.com/general73/sunto.htm The Jewish woman who wrote this uses the Holocaust as a victim card. We all know the Holocaust was tragic and inhumane, however worse things happen to Syria, Palestine and the Rohingya Muslims! Do we see them demanding things? They believe they are the "Chosen people". Of course what can i say about that? It isn't my religion I'm a Christian.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by miss_ambitious
If people do speak out, we'd be labelled "anti-semitic,anti-zionists" etc. So what is the truth about the Middle East and Israel? Why do the UK and US have such respect to a country that tears apart others? I really don't mean to be disrespectful but PLEASE READ THIS! http://www.rense.com/general73/sunto.htm The Jewish woman who wrote this uses the Holocaust as a victim card. We all know the Holocaust was tragic and inhumane, however worse things happen to Syria, Palestine and the Rohingya Muslims! Do we see them demanding things? They believe they are the "Chosen people". Of course what can i say about that? It isn't my religion I'm a Christian.

Israel is like a beacon of light compared to its regional neighbours
Reply 2
Original post by paul514

Israel wants to take over all of the land owned by its regional neighbours.
Reply 3
Israel = USA's gateway into the middle east
Original post by xyz544
Israel wants to take over all of the land owned by its regional neighbours.

Sorry I don’t take posts from holocaust deniers seriously
Original post by xyz544
You don't take valid points seriously.

Israel is a major western ally amongst a sea of theocracies and war zones within the region. As to why they’re untouchable, well militarily it’s due to it being back by the US. As for criticism, one can easily criticise it without being labelled an anti-Semite. Plenty of people do.

Regarding the Holocaust in comparison to Syria and Palestine...well I really can’t see how you can say that the latter two see worse things happen than what the Jewish people suffered under the Nazi regime. Rohingya perhaps, but even then, why is there a need to say it’s worse? Both are genocides and if you really have to label it, again, consider objectively the scope and widespread natur of the Holocaust. If Rohingya ever reaches that level then you could better compare what is ‘worse’.

As for claiming to be the Chosen Ones, all religions proclaim themselves to be some sort of ‘true word’, ‘right path’, ‘chosen ones’, ‘only way to God’. So in that respect they’re all as meaningless as each other.
Original post by MrDystopia
Israel is a major western ally amongst a sea of theocracies and war zones within the region. As to why they’re untouchable, well militarily it’s due to it being back by the US. As for criticism, one can easily criticise it without being labelled an anti-Semite. Plenty of people do.

Regarding the Holocaust in comparison to Syria and Palestine...well I really can’t see how you can say that the latter two see worse things happen than what the Jewish people suffered under the Nazi regime. Rohingya perhaps, but even then, why is there a need to say it’s worse? Both are genocides and if you really have to label it, again, consider objectively the scope and widespread natur of the Holocaust. If Rohingya ever reaches that level then you could better compare what is ‘worse’.

As for claiming to be the Chosen Ones, all religions proclaim themselves to be some sort of ‘true word’, ‘right path’, ‘chosen ones’, ‘only way to God’. So in that respect they’re all as meaningless as each other.

They also have nuclear weapons too
Reply 8

I don't think you can compare tragedies, and if I'm honest, claiming that the current tragedies in Syria/Burma are "worse" than the Holocaust is downright moronic. Worse in what way? Certainly not in numbers, or the methods of murder.

At any rate, Israel definitely needs to be taken to account for its actions. I think the problem is the polarisation of the sides. Israel isn't the fountain of all evil as anti-Zionists would claim, but nor is it the kind of equitable democracy that values human rights above everything else that Zionists claim.
Reply 9
Original post by paul514

Beanz Meanz Heinz
Reply 10
Original post by xyz544
You don't take valid points seriously.

"Valid points"?
Every single Holocaust denial theory has been debunked to hell and back. I don't know what "valid points" you speak of.
This reeks of anti-Semitism.
Reply 11
Original post by Mikos
"Valid points"?
Every single Holocaust denial theory has been debunked to hell and back. I don't know what "valid points" you speak of.
This reeks of anti-Semitism.

The point that Israel is encroaching land from around its borders. (e.g. the West Bank.)
however worse things happen to Syria, Palestine and the Rohingya Muslims!

On what basis?
Reply 13

Fair question.
Original post by paul514

That's irrelevant. Israel shouldn't use the Holocaust as a shield against criticism, especially when it has used reparations for armaments. Individual Jews suffered, not the whole nation state and the state clearly doesn't give a damn about what they went through.
Original post by YaliaV
That's irrelevant. Israel shouldn't use the Holocaust as a shield against criticism, especially when it has used reparations for armaments. Individual Jews suffered, not the whole nation state and the state clearly doesn't give a damn about what they went through.

Ok firstly it’s not irrelevant, everyone needs someone to look up to and in that region it’s Israel.
They don’t use it as a shield for criticism either, if they did the arguments they make would be shot down in flames. The fact is a lot of people don’t like Jews, I’ve never understood why. I can’t understand the thousands of years of oppression, it’s weird.

But those same people conflate their hate with zionism and even holocaust denial.

If any reparations have been spent on their armed services I don’t blame them, their state came under attack as soon as it existed.
Original post by paul514
Ok firstly it’s not irrelevant, everyone needs someone to look up to and in that region it’s Israel.
They don’t use it as a shield for criticism either, if they did the arguments they make would be shot down in flames. The fact is a lot of people don’t like Jews, I’ve never understood why. I can’t understand the thousands of years of oppression, it’s weird.

But those same people conflate their hate with zionism and even holocaust denial.

If any reparations have been spent on their armed services I don’t blame them, their state came under attack as soon as it existed.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.
Original post by zetamcfc
Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Nope not sarcastic at all.
Original post by paul514
Nope not sarcastic at all.

Oosh
I really don't mean to be disrespectful but PLEASE READ THIS! http://www.rense.com/general73/sunto.htm The Jewish woman who wrote this uses the Holocaust as a victim card.

Well, I've read THIS:

"Tanya Cariina Hsu is a British Saudi-US Political Analyst. She lives in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia."

:cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending