The Student Room Group

Will this level 3 Diploma alone get me into some universities? 'please help!'

Hello, i'm currently stressed and confused as i'm unable to find out if I can study in university without the foundation year.

I'm currently doing a 'Level 3 C&G Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles' there is no distinction as it is only a Pass. I have had a change of careers and would like to do infomation business probably at either UWE/Nottingham Trent or Brunel.

what I can't find out is how many exams will be taken. On numerous UCAS sites the highest grade and only grade available is "48" points which is a pass. I would like to know if that counts for the whole course
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Remiv12
Hello, i'm currently stressed and confused as i'm unable to find out if I can study in university without the foundation year.

I'm currently doing a 'Level 3 C&G Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles' there is no distinction as it is only a Pass. I have had a change of careers and would like to do infomation business probably at either UWE/Nottingham Trent or Brunel.

what I can't find out is how many exams will be taken. On numerous UCAS sites the highest grade and only grade available is "48" points which is a pass. I would like to know if that counts for the whole course

Is it a city and guilds diploma? I think k it's unlikely you d get onto 1st year with a non relevant diploma
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Is it a city and guilds diploma? I think k it's unlikely you d get onto 1st year with a non relevant diploma

Yes it is a city and guild, does that mean multiple exams will be taken e.g three? also Diagnostics is studied in level 3 can't that be seen as technology or IT as my program outline says for level 3 "This is a diagnostic course covering engines, transmission and electronic systems."

thanks
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Remiv12
Yes it is a city and guild, does that mean multiple exams will be taken e.g three? also Diagnostics is studied in level 3 can't that be seen as technology or IT as my program outline says for level 3 "This is a diagnostic course covering engines, transmission and electronic systems."

thanks

I ve checked and 48 points seems correct considering the amount of learning hours so the course is basically equivalent to one a level so you ll have to do either a foundation year or perhaps an access course.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
I ve checked and 48 points seems correct considering the amount of learning hours so the course is basically equivalent to one a level so you ll have to do either a foundation year or perhaps an access course.
Hello, Brunel are requesting - Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma DD in engineering or IT and an A level at grade B. Does my light vehicle maintenance and repair fall under engineering? Thanks for the help so far
Original post by Remiv12
Hello, Brunel are requesting - Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma DD in engineering or IT and an A level at grade B. Does my light vehicle maintenance and repair fall under engineering? Thanks for the help so far

No it won't, your course will only count for one a level equivalent. Unless you can find a university that will lessen their requirements if you're a mature student then you will need to do a foundation year if not another level 3 course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending