The Student Room Group

Why do I still feel like my period should be happening?

I've lost quite a lot of weight in the past month and unsurprisingly my period is almost a week late. I don't know if it's actually going to come this month but I'm curious as to why I feel like it should be happening? Normally my period would be over or be about to finish now and any symptoms I normally get (heavy abdomen, minor cramps etc.) would be gone by now. Anybody have any answers?
Original post by Anonymous
I've lost quite a lot of weight in the past month and unsurprisingly my period is almost a week late. I don't know if it's actually going to come this month but I'm curious as to why I feel like it should be happening? Normally my period would be over or be about to finish now and any symptoms I normally get (heavy abdomen, minor cramps etc.) would be gone by now. Anybody have any answers?

Weight loss can cause late periods. But if I were you, I would get yourself an appointment with your GP. I think asking on here will just give you more cause for worry. I only mention the weight loss and late period as one of my granddaughters had this problem and the GP told her it was a hormone imbalance. But as I don't know you personally, then get yourself to the doctor.
Weight loss and stress on the body does mess up your hormones and therefore your periods.
Reply 3
Original post by Seamus123
Weight loss can cause late periods. But if I were you, I would get yourself an appointment with your GP. I think asking on here will just give you more cause for worry. I only mention the weight loss and late period as one of my granddaughters had this problem and the GP told her it was a hormone imbalance. But as I don't know you personally, then get yourself to the doctor.

I know it's most likely the weight loss. Up until now my menstrual cycle has been pretty much the same length for years. Hormone imbalance probably due to the weigh loss haha.

Quick Reply

Latest