The Student Room Group

I have no idea what I'm doing

University is less than two years away and I honestly don't know what I want to do. I've been leaning towards medicine, but I know I'm not exactly passionate about helping people - I don't really like people in the first place. And a few weeks ago I had this lightbulb moment when I realised that I'm passionate about the earth, about saving the animals and trying to prevent destruction of life as we know it. My problem is, I don't know how to do that. All the sciences like zoology and environmental science look boring to be honest. And I know this is a pretty hard question to put out there to strangers who don't know me at all, but any advice?
Original post by Klmcgonigle
University is less than two years away and I honestly don't know what I want to do. I've been leaning towards medicine, but I know I'm not exactly passionate about helping people - I don't really like people in the first place. And a few weeks ago I had this lightbulb moment when I realised that I'm passionate about the earth, about saving the animals and trying to prevent destruction of life as we know it. My problem is, I don't know how to do that. All the sciences like zoology and environmental science look boring to be honest. And I know this is a pretty hard question to put out there to strangers who don't know me at all, but any advice?

don't rush into uni is my advice
you don't need to go ASAP after u finish sixth form;however two years is a long time maybe you'll really find out what you wanna do.
so also chill
Original post by Klmcgonigle

So jobs helping humans are out of the question for you, you don't like some theoretical science, is becoming a vet something you'd consider?
Original post by claireestelle
So jobs helping humans are out of the question for you, you don't like some theoretical science, is becoming a vet something you'd consider?

I don't think I could handle treating animals and seeing them suffering and dying firsthand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending