The Student Room Group

I said that we should get to know each other more first

So this guy asked me if I wanted to be in a relationship with him but I said we should get to know each there more first because although we have lots in common, I feel that we should go on dates first and/ or hang out. Also because I’ve never been in a relationship before so obviously I would want to take things slow. So after he had messaged me this he said he would wait for me but then he hadn’t talked to me in 2days. What does this mean. I mean I’m kind of glad he hasnt because it gives me time to think about wtf actually just happened like I cannot believe some actually wants to date me lol. It’s kind of funny since I thought I’d always be single since I’m real awkward and shy and not that pretty. Am I just overthinking?
Reply 1
He might be giving you space to think. However, be careful, he could just want to be in a relationship you just to say he has a girlfriend which could explain why he hasn't spoken to you for two days. Some people just like to have the title. I think you're right to go on a few dates or hang out first, make sure he's decent.
Reply 2
Original post by NatKH
He might be giving you space to think. However, be careful, he could just want to be in a relationship you just to say he has a girlfriend which could explain why he hasn't spoken to you for two days. Some people just like to have the title. I think you're right to go on a few dates or hang out first, make sure he's decent.

How would you hint for him to ask me out on a date or to hang out. I’m too awkward to ask myself and I would never hit the send button until an hour later. I think he’s really sweet, one time we were walking to Tesco and he noticed I was cold and offered me his coat but I didn’t take it because I felt that it would be real awkward and he was still like but you seem really cold are you sure and I was like I’m sure. I’m just such an awkward child urgh.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
How would you hint for him to ask me out on a date or to hang out. I’m too awkward to ask myself and I would never hit the send button until an hour later. I think he’s really sweet, one time we were walking to Tesco and he noticed I was cold and offered me his coat but I didn’t take it because I felt that it would be real awkward and he was still like but you seem really cold are you sure and I was like I’m sure. I’m just such an awkward child urgh.

Haha I did the exact some thing when I got offered a coat because I forgot to bring a jumper :colondollar:. I would just ask him to hang out yourself. No point hinting at it. Think of something you want to do, like go see a movie for example and just say it. How old are you two anyway?
Reply 4
Original post by NatKH
Haha I did the exact some thing when I got offered a coat because I forgot to bring a jumper :colondollar:. I would just ask him to hang out yourself. No point hinting at it. Think of something you want to do, like go see a movie for example and just say it. How old are you two anyway?

I think I need to gather up my confidence and He just turned 19 and I’m 17 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending