The Student Room Group

What univerisities for business/accounting should I apply too?

I'm not really fussy about where I go...
But considering my predicted grades are ABC ( which I hope I will do better than) where can I apply too..? Alot of the unis ask for min BBB or ABB so I'm not sure :/
Also is it worth going to a low ranked school..like under 60 top
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
I want to do accounting and business. But alot of the grade entries are high for most schools.
I've tried convincing my teachers to put up my predicted grades but have had no such luck.
I know I can exceed these grades. So should I take a gap year and reapply next year? Or still apply this year to keep my options open?
AS grades were : ABD
These are reformed exams, so AS grades don't count to the final grade
Original post by Lia22
I want to do accounting and business. But alot of the grade entries are high for most schools.
I've tried convincing my teachers to put up my predicted grades but have had no such luck.
I know I can exceed these grades. So should I take a gap year and reapply next year? Or still apply this year to keep my options open?
AS grades were : ABD
These are reformed exams, so AS grades don't count to the final grade

A gap year and applying once you have better grades could be an option for you, or you apply to places you can get into this year then go through adjustment or apply for foundation years instead.
Reply 3
I was going to apply for business and accounting / accounting and finance.
My alevel subjects were psychology, biology, chemistry respective to my AS grades.
I was going to apply for Southampton, Surrey, Exeter, brunel and middlesex. The first 3 requiring AAB.
Will I be disadvantaged my my AS grades?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
:bump:
Original post by Lia22
I was going to apply for business and accounting / accounting and finance.
My alevel subjects were psychology, biology, chemistry respective to my AS grades.
I was going to apply for Southampton, Surrey, Exeter, brunel and middlesex. The first 3 requiring AAB.
Will I be disadvantaged my my AS grades?

Probably worth a try since it's your predicted. Just curious but why are you applying for middlesex?
Reply 6
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
Probably worth a try since it's your predicted. Just curious but why are you applying for middlesex?

Just incase I don't end up getting the grades/ or any offers for the first 3.
I wasn't really sure what else to put instead.
Original post by Lia22
Just incase I don't end up getting the grades/ or any offers for the first 3.
I wasn't really sure what else to put instead.

I suppose but I guess you have to consider if it's worth spending £9k a year just to go to uni or to maybe take a gap year so as to go somewhere better.
Yes you will be

Quick Reply