The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SirMilkSheikh
I’ve never experienced any of this.

Ok?
I’ve never experienced homelessness so I guess it doesn’t exist
Anyone who focuses on skin colour is an idiot. Regardless of left/ring leanings. It used to be just the far right that was racist but, in recent years, we have begun to see it on the left too.
Original post by cherryred90s
Ok?

Never said it doesn't exist. It's too petty for me to give a f*ck.
Reply 123
Original post by RoyalBeams
If my parents and ancestors worked hard to be successful and build a strong nation, then damn ****ing yeah, I should have an easier time.

Or what do you think most parents work hard for? For others children to enjoy the fruits of their labour more than their own children?

If that is the case, then I am going to be pissed that Richard Branson's kids are enjoying more than me. Damn 'Branson Privilege'!

No one's saying you shouldn't reap the benefits of your parents hard work. But the whole point of white privilege is that your parents probably work just as hard as mine do and are more likely to be paid more, get a promotion earlier on and get other benefits in the workplace.

Those privileges mean that I am automatically put at a disadvantage because my parents won't experience the benefits yours do despite probably putting in the same amount of hard work.
Reply 124
No! Blacks commit more crimes due to Police statistics of arrest and charges, and due to court statistics of convictions.

Over-represenation in prisons is the outcome of those aforementioned 2.

Gangster culture, bruv!

First of all, 'black people' not 'blacks'. Thanks.

Second of all, black people 'commit more crime' due to the very police statistics which are obviously swayed by institutional racism.

No one's saying black people do not commit crime. Of course they do, but so do white people, probably on an equal level too, this is not represented in statistics because policing is heavier in 'urban' areas which increases your chance of catching a black criminal. In addition to this, there is a crackdown and pressure to arrest based on certain crimes which are committed more by black people, i.e drug dealing and not on white collar crime or any other crimes that are considered 'white'.
Reply 125
Original post by paul514
What do you think positive discrimination is?

Ridiculous.
Original post by S.olk
Ridiculous.

I agree it is ridiculous
Lol. Makes me think of this cringeworthy "two steps forward" video that's been doing the rounds. Some people have no concept of nuance and fallaciously, moronically equate privilege with skin colour just because of correlations. Wealth/class is the ultimate privilege and it is not dependent on your ethnicity. Sure, racism exists. Sure, it's horrible. But don't tell me that it massively affects everybody who isn't white, and that it's always as bad (or worse) as the sort of s**t the guy in this post talks about. And if you think that there are big institutional problems, prove to me that they are a product of systemic racism, because to me they seem like complex issues where a multitude of factors are at play, and I can see no possible reason to believe this dumbed-down, far too easy notion that it's just "the system".
Ok?

Homelessness is your fault. Please publicly admit it here now.

Residence privilege!
Original post by S.olk

What are they?

Pinks?

Original post by S.olk

Second of all, black people 'commit more crime' due to the very police statistics which are obviously swayed by institutional racism.

No one's saying black people do not commit crime. Of course they do, but so do white people, probably on an equal level too, this is not represented in statistics because policing is heavier in 'urban' areas which increases your chance of catching a black criminal. In addition to this, there is a crackdown and pressure to arrest based on certain crimes which are committed more by black people, i.e drug dealing and not on white collar crime or any other crimes that are considered 'white'.

Oh, so you mean Police refuse to investigate and solve crimes committed by whites hence why the proportion of violent crimes attributed to blacks is higher than than the proportion of their population?

Police is heavier in urban area?

Is that not in proportion with population of urban areas?

Secondly, how come Chinese and Asian statistics not high too?

You think it is because they like them or because they don't have a pervasive gang culture?

What proportion of Chinese and Asians have their fathers missing in the picture and they have to live in single mother households?

Are those also part of "WHITE PRIVILEGE"?
Original post by S.olk
No one's saying you shouldn't reap the benefits of your parents hard work. But the whole point of white privilege is that your parents probably work just as hard as mine do and are more likely to be paid more, get a promotion earlier on and get other benefits in the workplace.

Those privileges mean that I am automatically put at a disadvantage because my parents won't experience the benefits yours do despite probably putting in the same amount of hard work.

In a white country, built by whites, I would not expect any different. Hence my point of Whites benefiting from the success of their ancestors and parents.

You will get the same in an Arab, Oriental, Black or whatever country.

Welcome to the real world, sir. Would you like a courtesy newspaper in the morning? Breakfast is served between 6am and 10am.
Original post by math42
Lol. Makes me think of this cringeworthy "two steps forward" video that's been doing the rounds. Some people have no concept of nuance and fallaciously, moronically equate privilege with skin colour just because of correlations. Wealth/class is the ultimate privilege and it is not dependent on your ethnicity. Sure, racism exists. Sure, it's horrible. But don't tell me that it massively affects everybody who isn't white, and that it's always as bad (or worse) as the sort of s**t the guy in this post talks about. And if you think that there are big institutional problems, prove to me that they are a product of systemic racism, because to me they seem like complex issues where a multitude of factors are at play, and I can see no possible reason to believe this dumbed-down, far too easy notion that it's just "the system".

Brilliantly said.
Reply 132
What are they?

Pinks?

Oh, so you mean Police refuse to investigate and solve crimes committed by whites hence why the proportion of violent crimes attributed to blacks is higher than than the proportion of their population?

Police is heavier in urban area?

Is that not in proportion with population of urban areas?

Secondly, how come Chinese and Asian statistics not high too?

You think it is because they like them or because they don't have a pervasive gang culture?

What proportion of Chinese and Asians have their fathers missing in the picture and they have to live in single mother households?

Are those also part of "WHITE PRIVILEGE"?

First of all read what I said. BLACK PEOPLE. Not blacks.

Again. Read what I said. I did not say they refuse to investigate crime committed by white people, I said they focus way more on crimes committed by black people, the more time you spend looking for black criminals, the higher the chance that you would find one which is why they are so overrepresented in the statistics.

Also, Asians in Britain are know to be more well off and more likely to be middle class, hence why their crimes are less likely to be cracked down on.

P.S That 'Fatherless home" argument is ******** and I'm tired of hearing it, there are plenty of young, single, white mothers.
Original post by S.olk

Okay. Quote source? How are police statistics swayed by institutional racism, in what way, and how should they be changed?

I just need source on what you're saying so I can get a closer look.. I should point out that 'White collar crime' is not a white thing despite the name. It's generally non-violent crime which means the imperative to end it is less pressing. As an example: You have a murdered killing people or you have a person evading taxes: Which needs a stronger police presence?
Never said it doesn't exist. It's too petty for me to give a f*ck.

Soooo what was the reason for you quoting me again? To tell me that you don’t care?
Institutional and systematic racism

Im brown and i have to tell you that there is nothing such as institutional racism. Its just another myth created by liberals
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Okay. Quote source? How are police statistics swayed by institutional racism, in what way, and how should they be changed?

I just need source on what you're saying so I can get a closer look.. I should point out that 'White collar crime' is not a white thing despite the name. It's generally non-violent crime which means the imperative to end it is less pressing. As an example: You have a murdered killing people or you have a person evading taxes: Which needs a stronger police presence?

Read the Lammy Review
Original post by waleed99
Im brown and i have to tell you that there is nothing such as institutional racism. Its just another myth created by liberals

I’ll just ignore all recent evidence and take your word for it! I mean if you’re telling me then it must be true
Soooo what was the reason for you quoting me again? To tell me that you don’t care?

No particular reason. I just find it amusing when someone dedicates so much energy to something so unimportant.
No particular reason. I just find it amusing when someone dedicates so much energy to something so unimportant.

Unimportant to YOU.

Quoting me to tell me you don’t care as if I asked..yet I’m the one wasting their energy?

Latest

Trending

Trending