The Student Room Group

Should sale of the EU flag be banned in Britain?

Scroll to see replies

Are you for real???
Reply 61
Original post by djdanny22
Are you for real???

Yes I am. I even typed this myself.
Original post by Ambitious1999
Showing pro-EU symbols shows defiance for Brexit and the will of all British people and such an act is treasonous. The flag also shows evidence of unsavoury political thoughts or advertises support for unsavoury political thoughts against the majority of British citizens.

No... Showing defiance to Brexit and the will of "All British people"? Have you already forgotten that the vote was close to a 50/50, with leave *just* on top? So not only did you just lie through your teeth for your own gain, you just ignored around 30 million's "treacherous" views because they voted against something you're in favour of.

You're also forgetting we are still a part of the EU until the negotiations end in 1 and a half years time.

Grow up and realise there are different views to yours. We are not at war with the EU, and we are still a part of Europe and hopefully will get some kind of stable deal with the EU to keep ties, so no it is far from treason.

So no, it isn't and shouldn't be a crime to fly a EU flag. Since half the country was against leaving, why should you suddenly decide they aren't allowed a voice? It's not treason (even that claim was far-fetched) and far from it. It's like a French tourist coming to the UK owning a cup with the French flag on. Who cares. You wouldn't flip out then so don't now. People are entitled to their own views.

Also in terms of children, it's actually healthy for them to be taught everything, including what we are leaving (EU). It's a school.
No I'm not saying the EU is as bad as ISIS but it's not good either.
EU is an unsavory organisation that has influenced the British people as an oppressive ruling power. British people voted to leave. So going against the will of a nation is expression of unsavoury and disrupted thoughts. Schools for instance need to educate pupils on clearer thinking, and teachers need to be better observed to ensure they are not influencing pupils with inappropriate, disruptive thoughts. That's partly to blame why many young people oppose Brexit, because they've been badly educated and those teachers responsible need retraining.

Wow. Young people saw the benefits and disadvantages of the EU and wasn't corrupted by fear mongering and apparently they're uneducated?? Damn I didn't think the single-minded infection spread so far through the UK.

So young people realised the benefits of the EU alongside the disadvantages and realised we could potentially keep the benefits and hope for the UK to help reform the EU to make it better, and suddenly it means all young people were uneducated. Wow, you know how to disgrace multiple whole generations who would one day be running the country.

Maybe it's just like how most young people voted against Conservatives because we saw through their lies and are sick of the things they have pulled the last 4 years. Or maybe we're all just incredibly dumb because we don't align with your shallow-minded views? If the UK became shallow-minded because all young people followed your footsteps, the UK would soon end up a disaster.

Also, schools don't even try to influence young people in what they should vote for. During the EU, a very small minority of teachers were found to be doing that and was dealt with to stop it. This does not mean that all schools were doing that. If that was the case, if schools/colleges etc were teaching biased political views, the government would do something.
Maybe... Just maybe.. Young people are actually more in touch with politics because of the means we have available to us to keep up to date. Believe it or not, majority of us aren't the stereotype "Taking drugs, alcohol and couldn't care about the world" and we actually care about what happens to our country. Baring in mind the EU vote would effect us the most as we have to live through the effects of it and fix any issues that are left for us from it.

Maybe you should be re-educated, just a thought :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Your trolling threads mean that you should be banned
It's not really compulsory political re-education, it's simply educating teachers etc to have cleaner thoughts for example on inset days. Failing to comply would simply mean suspension and counselling of that teacher. I'm not advocating jailing them! If they decide teaching isn't fir them then there are plenty of other careers.

That's Momentum's political philosophy, isn't it? It's hard to put this in kind terms but you (and Momentum) display exactly the same mindset as that of any tyrant that ever walked on this earth, the totalitarian approach you guys put to everything is impossible to exceed. You come here often with the most ridiculous suggestions of things to ban, in this thread alone we've moved from banning flags to God knows what by now. Ban, ban, ban. If there is such thing as cultural Marxism... this is it.

You talk of programming teachers to channel your views and shape the minds of the young, as if nobody else mattered in this world and you're God's envoy on a planet populated by units. All that in the name of the people! For God's sake man,wake up. They've done a great job on you...
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by VirgoStrain
An impressive achievement for someone with such an astonishing level of ignorance.

How so? Are you a miner? Would you like to work with a headteacher?
Original post by stoyfan
We have free speech here believe it or not. People with pro-eu beliefs shouldn't be silenced just because you don't support these opinions.

I agree wholeheartedly. One of my bitterest complaints against the EU is the EU Commission on Human Rights. Seriously, having the human right to get your head kicked in by the police because you question the morality of the majority, territorial integrity(A' la Catalonia) or really anything deemed counter to a harmonious EU.

I would say that Article 10 of the EU Commission on Human Rights gutting free speech that places like France and the UK spent centuries campaigning for is the worst thing if it weren't that almost every other article is bad as well.
You say 'as of October 2017' but we haven't technically left the EU yet.
Original post by ThatOldGuy
I agree wholeheartedly. One of my bitterest complaints against the EU is the EU Commission on Human Rights. Seriously, having the human right to get your head kicked in by the police because you question the morality of the majority, territorial integrity(A' la Catalonia) or really anything deemed counter to a harmonious EU.

I would say that Article 10 of the EU Commission on Human Rights gutting free speech that places like France and the UK spent centuries campaigning for is the worst thing if it weren't that almost every other article is bad as well.

Although I doubt ECHR will be able to do anything considering most countries in Europe don't really want to talk about the Catalonian crisis or they just don't support the movement in the first place since they have similar problems to the one which Spain has.

E.g, many Hungarians near Cluj Napoca (in Romania) want an autonomous region and I believe many Italian provinces are also automonous.

Believe me, the EU is far from a perfect organisation. If anything, I would like it to be reformed.
The British people are commited to ending European influence over Britain they all vote for that and anything that shows support for Europe such as flags or telling school children the advantages of Europe is considered subversive, reactionary and unsavoury and is thus seen as an outright attack on British values in the same way that flying the flag of ISIS. It shows people having contempt for British values.

Removal from the EU and total independence is a British constitutional value voted for in 2016.

If a headteacher told school kids they should support ISIS that head teacher would be probably be sacked and face criminal charges.

**** me I want whatever you're having man
Reply 71
nah we should keep selling it, just in case i run out of toilet paper
I love Ambitious1999's threads and his capacity to elicit long winded responses out people who don't realise they are being played.
Should shops and websites that sell the EU flag and EU stickers be banned from doing so because it's seen as anti-British?

Also should schools be banned from display of EU flag?
I know a secondary school where the EU flag is still (as of October 2017) displayed in the main corridor, this is wrong as it encourages children into bad political habits and as such the headteacher should be fined or sacked, and banned from working with miners for a set period of say 5 years, due to impressioning unsavoury thoughts on children.

No, people should be free to buy symbols and flags if they choose to.

The education system is riddled with left-wing europhile (essentially Blairite) people and ideas. Few escape the indoctrination or are allowed to make their own minds up. This forum is evidence of that compared to other internet discussion forums, many people can't debate or accept other ideas because they've been told to accept propaganda as fundamental fact.
Original post by Hatter_2
No, people should be free to buy symbols and flags if they choose to.

The education system is riddled with left-wing europhile (essentially Blairite) people and ideas. Few escape the indoctrination or are allowed to make their own minds up. This forum is evidence of that compared to other internet discussion forums, many people can't debate or accept other ideas because they've been told to accept propaganda as fundamental fact.

Not if it leads to any amount of disunity. Display of pro- EU symbols shows defiance of our independence and support for an unsavoury organisation we are breaking away from. It also shows support of socially inappropriate impure thought and disrupted thinking.
Not if it leads to any amount of disunity. Display of pro- EU symbols shows defiance of our independence and support for an unsavoury organisation we are breaking away from. It also shows support of socially inappropriate impure thought and disrupted thinking.

That may be true, but not everyone agrees and unless we live in a communist/fascist state with an all controlling government, people should be trusted to make decisions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending