The Student Room Group

Quitting Facebook

I am in the process of quitting facebook, do you thin this is a good idea? I spend a lot of time on it and want to be more productive, it also gives me quite a bit of anxiety.
Reply 1
I think it's a great idea.. I deactivated my Facebook a couple years ago, I think I was obsessed with it I was always constantly checking it and i wanted soo much of my time.. and honestly it also raised my anxiety.

After I deactivated fb I reactivated it a couple of times out of curiosity, and eventually I just didn't care anymore.. it's the best decision I've made since :smile: besides there are so many other social platforms. Snapchat, Instagram etc.. I'd say Try something else :smile:
It sounds like a good idea for you.
Original post by ScienceLover98
I am in the process of quitting facebook, do you thin this is a good idea? I spend a lot of time on it and want to be more productive, it also gives me quite a bit of anxiety.

Facebook is dead anyways, you become much more productive without it. I had deleted it during my exam period and I have it downloaded again recently and I regret it so much and I can’t delete it now since I’m talking to someone *sighs*

That's an excellent idea, if it gives you anxiety.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Facebook is dead anyways, you become much more productive without it. I had deleted it during my exam period and I have it downloaded again recently and I regret it so much and I can’t delete it now since I’m talking to someone *sighs*

Why don't you try to speak on whatsapp with that person?
Reply 6
That's a a good idea tbh, I deactivated it whilst I was doing my A-Levels and haven't bothered now (3 years later) to open it up again
Original post by Naya1
I think it's a great idea.. I deactivated my Facebook a couple years ago, I think I was obsessed with it I was always constantly checking it and i wanted soo much of my time.. and honestly it also raised my anxiety.

After I deactivated fb I reactivated it a couple of times out of curiosity, and eventually I just didn't care anymore.. it's the best decision I've made since :smile: besides there are so many other social platforms. Snapchat, Instagram etc.. I'd say Try something else :smile:

Thank you for the advice, yeah I have whatsapp which have my close friends on. But I don't really want any social platforms at the end of the day it's all distracting us from reality.
Yes, it is an awesome idea!!!
You go for it!
I only use fb for group chats and will ditch it after I graduate. I don’t know majority of them anymore a lot of them were like someone in my maths class who I never spoke to and added 8 years ago
Original post by VirgoStrain
Hey there! I delete my Facebook 2 months ago to get rid of comments. I was fine and didn’t think of it anymore. I eventually had to made a new one however because some school group projects were using Facebook Messenger to communicate. Currently I’m only friending people I have spoken to (20-25) and will probably not use my page, except to post music that I like and maybe some photography. My political posts will be reserved for my anonymous twitter account only. I think it’s a good idea to restrict who you communicate with out of school/work who you don’t know well, as it means you’re not distracted by trivial things.

I now have things like Quora, Medium etc. But I use all of them rarely. IMO delete your Facebook, wait a few months, then make a new one but only add a couple friends and avoid interactions. That way you don’t constantly think about what it would be like to have one, but you’re not distracted by its existence.

Thanks for the advice. I did delete before and then re instate it, I just feel I have no need for it and I'm studying on the open university at the beginning of next year and I want all my concentration on that. For some people they can use it 'ocassionally' but for me I can feel (sounds weird) but sort of addiction starting towards it and therefore giving me more anxiety.

That's good, I quit Facebook in July after spending an excessive amount of time on it and now I have lots of free time! I just have Instagram instead, but on Facebook I felt unhappy as I was comparing my life to my friends and they seemed happier than me.
Do it, you won't regret it :smile:
Reply 12
deleting social media is a really good idea xD especially when you have had it for a long time...some of the things that pop up on "on this day" 😂🤣
Original post by Avaia
deleting social media is a really good idea xD especially when you have had it for a long time...some of the things that pop up on "on this day" 😂🤣

I know right the notifications are annoying as heck.

Yeah do it. Especially if it is causing you anxiety. I only have Facebook cause I need it for school work other than that I don't use it.
Original post by Heyok
Why don't you try to speak on whatsapp with that person?

I didn’t think of that haha but I don’t use WhatsApp and I don’t think that person does either however I think we might have an app that we both use so I’ll go for that, I need to delete Facebook again anyways. Gotta focus on revision rather than reading memes on Facebook all day long.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending