The Student Room Group

I was born in China and raised in the Uk ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

How did you move here?
do u like sweet and sour noodles.?
Original post by Sharon_rutendo
Darling I will never trade my culture for another culture hell to the nope... well i like the free education system but the weather is crap

I like how my parents makes us keep parts of our culture, they aren’t traditional Chinese well at east I don’t see them as traditional.

I still celebrate the Chinese New Year, mid autum festival and some other occasions

I think instead of trading adapting or taking in some of the British culture is nice too
Original post by djdanny22
How did you move here?

On a plane? What do you mean?
Original post by soIiIoquy
do u like sweet and sour noodles.?

Is that a thing? I’ve heard of sweet and sour pork or chicken. I don’t think I would like it it sounds so soggy
Original post by anonymous
is that a thing? I’ve heard of sweet and sour pork or chicken. I don’t think i would like it it sounds so soggy

everyone knows sweet and sour noodles.
Reply 26
Original post by UWS
Do you like white girls?

Did you just assume her gender?????
Original post by soIiIoquy
everyone knows sweet and sour noodles.

I guess I don’t I mainly only eat what my parents make and go dim sum places. My dad doesn’t really make noodles other than udon, chow mien and hor fun. But maybe I’ll try it
Original post by Anonymous
Not that good even though I went to Chinese school on Sunday’s and took the exam at gcse and got an A*. I’m able to listen/understand basic conversation and maybe a little bit more in mandarin. Can barely speak it and when I do it’s bad pronounciation I have the foreigners speaking Chinese accent like the ones you see on Chinese dramas so f*cking bad hahah

Can read books/novels in simplified. Traditional is way to hard T_T

I can also type in pinyin, I’m actually really good at this.

Writing is not that good just the basics.

My Cantonese is pretty good, I can hold everyday conversations since my parents speak it to us and TVB HK dramas. A lot of stephen chow movies.

Learn more Chinese. It only benefits you in the future. Don't be a banana.
Learn more Chinese. It only benefits you in the future. Don't be a banana.

I’m trying, I’m talking to people in Chinese more and learning through Chinese tv shows and dramas. Not watching with English subtitles anymore haha
Reply 30
Original post by stoyfan
This is something that happens to many who were born in a different country but were raised in the UK.

I was born in Romania but raised in the UK and.... I am pretty rubbish at speaking Romanian.

Ce faci? :smile:
True well since I have a British passport I'm now a British nationality
Original post by Heyok
Ce faci? :smile:

Bine.

Lol, that is pretty much the extent of my Romanian Vocabulary.
Original post by Sharon_rutendo
True well since I have a British passport I'm now a British nationality

Me too
Why do Chinese people love taking pictures? When I was in China, I'd always get asked to take a picture with them. It happened in the UK also.
Original post by GreenBell
Why do Chinese people love taking pictures? When I was in China, I'd always get asked to take a picture with them. It happened in the UK also.

I wish I knew too but I think it’s mainly to share to their friends and family. My cousin takes photos of everything literally. She would stand and pose i front of buildings or statues and/or ask me totake a picture of her pretending to not notice. She love staking pictures of food too. She then posts it on wechat (they say it’s a chinese Facebook)
I wish I knew too but I think it’s mainly to share to their friends and family. My cousin takes photos of everything literally. She would stand and pose i front of buildings or statues and/or ask me totake a picture of her pretending to not notice. She love staking pictures of food too. She then posts it on wechat (they say it’s a chinese Facebook)

Lool that's really interesting. I had wechat before as well but didn't know how to use it and only had a few friends so I just deleted it :smile:
I was born in South Africa, moved to England for 11 years now I’ve been back in SA for 6!
I was born in South Africa, moved when I was 6months to England, lived there for 11 years then came back to SA 👀👀
Original post by GreenBell
Lool that's really interesting. I had wechat before as well but didn't know how to use it and only had a few friends so I just deleted it :smile:

I don’t have any friends on it just family, I only keep it to communicate with them and it’s actually quite easy to use. Was your app in English?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending