The Student Room Group

HELP!! i feel like im not doing enough revision.....

I'm in year 11 and as everyone knows people begin to put their head down during this time. I have always loved learning but i feel like now that i'm in year 11 every conversation is about how focused people are and about how many revision notes they've made which just makes me feel like i'm not doing enough! How do i get over this feeling/how do i revise more and get enough revision done before GCSE'S? I've never been much a writing notes person so i just used to memories the content for the exam but now that GCSE'S are coming my teacher said that this method of revision is not suitable.No matter how many notes I do write it always results in me cramming and memorizing the day before the exam!So i need your help!!
How do I:-
manage my time better (especially now due to me joining a club)
balance revision and homework daily
figure out a good revision technique.
Also does anyone know when i should start revising for GCSE's and mocks (which start in December and I'm aiming 9'S!!)
Just keep making notes and mind maps flashcards etc as you go along and then try practice questions after every topic or try whole mock exams once you have finished the whole course that is what I did for GCSEs and then right before the exam I would read over notes the night before and probably about 3 weeks before if you want good grades
And just ignore everyone else because people work at their own rate focus on your own goals and tbh they are probably not doing as much as they say they are
Reply 3
Original post by Jademorgan1
Just keep making notes and mind maps flashcards etc as you go along and then try practice questions after every topic or try whole mock exams once you have finished the whole course that is what I did for GCSEs and then right before the exam I would read over notes the night before and probably about 3 weeks before if you want good grades

Thanks alotttt im going to begin making my flashcards and mindmaps as soon as the holidays start!

Quick Reply

Latest