The Student Room Group

Having aspergers is a lonely existence

I don't really have any real friends there are people who I speak to but our conversation does not go beyond the classroom.It feels like people speak to me out of politeness what I mean by this is tha5 I am asking questions to try and make a conversation but they do not contribute or ever ask me anything.I feel like making a conversation is impossible as no one really wants to speak to me. When I am near people I feel like my presence is never desired it is accepted no one would really care if I leave or stay I feel invisible and insignificant.There are 2 people whose number I have but they never call or answer my phone calls.I feel lonely from time to time I feel in order to be liked I would have to change who I am I feel like being me is not good enough.I grew used to being on my own but sometimes it would be nice if there was someone who wanted my company.
Reply 1
mate, people are a.holes
youl do better by yourself trying to achieve your life goals and dreams without feeling like you need to comform to have friends.
trust me
Reply 2
well, these people don't seem like the kind that you would wanna be friends with anyway. you want people in your life who accept you and who like you for who you are, not people who make you feel s****y :/ I am assuming you are a pretty awesome person who would have some really cool ideas and things to talk about, sounds like their loss in a good friend bit also their ignorance.
you just try to focus on yoursef now, school can be a horrible time for 'outcasts', i was one my whole life, but trust me; your time will come. thee will be people out there who cant wait to be your friend, focus on hetting to college or uni, people are much more accepting there, they actually wanna be there and ergo treat people better :smile: you arent alone hun
Original post by Anonymous
I don't really have any real friends there are people who I speak to but our conversation does not go beyond the classroom.It feels like people speak to me out of politeness what I mean by this is tha5 I am asking questions to try and make a conversation but they do not contribute or ever ask me anything.I feel like making a conversation is impossible as no one really wants to speak to me. When I am near people I feel like my presence is never desired it is accepted no one would really care if I leave or stay I feel invisible and insignificant.There are 2 people whose number I have but they never call or answer my phone calls.I feel lonely from time to time I feel in order to be liked I would have to change who I am I feel like being me is not good enough.I grew used to being on my own but sometimes it would be nice if there was someone who wanted my company.

Hiya! :wavey: I have Aspergers and was in a similar social situation, so understand where you're coming from. You are definitely not insignificant and you shouldn't have to pretend to be someone you're not. How old are you if you don't mind my asking, btw?

You can shoot me a PM if you want :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by DragonHexes
Hiya! :wavey: I have Aspergers and was in a similar social situation, so understand where you're coming from. You are definitely not insignificant and you shouldn't have to pretend to be someone you're not. How old are you if you don't mind my asking, btw?

You can shoot me a PM if you want :smile:

I am 16 and you?
Reply 5
Original post by shawtyb
mate, people are a.holes
youl do better by yourself trying to achieve your life goals and dreams without feeling like you need to comform to have friends.
trust me

How does someone focus on their dreams?My dream is to practice medicine but the overwhelming concepts of a levels just leave me feeling down and like it is impossible and I don't study because I don't want to face it.
Reply 6
How does someone focus on their dreams?My dream is to practice medicine but the overwhelming concepts of a levels just leave me feeling down and like it is impossible and I don't study because I don't want to face it.

then just think about your ultimate goal and set small milestones, for example:
milestone 1 : enroll
give it a while to compose yourself and feel relaxed again
fastforward however long
milestone 2 : compile things to study
give it a while to compose yourself and feel relaxed again
milestone 3 : set up a study plan etc

this is just an example but setting small milestones helps to achieve the bigger goal without it seeming too daunting
how do u know that u have asperges what symptoms??
Reply 8
Original post by cherlloydfan
how do u know that u have asperges what symptoms??

I was diagnosed by a psychiatrist and psychologist.
I am 16 and you?

I'm 20.

Have you thought about extracurricular clubs or activities?

Quick Reply

Latest