The Student Room Group

Liberals have declared war on reason

I consider that so called liberals have declared war on reason. They have declared that biology does not exist when it comes to race and gender choosing to state that these are “social construct”. This is because post-modern social science considers that historic and biology are prisons that cause inequality (Georgy Lukaks), and that we can now create our own reality by divorcing things from their own meaning (Jacques Derrida).

Liberals love arguing with intellectually incompetent people but as soon as a they are debating with an intellectually competent person, their tactic to to try and discredit, them ultimately censor by getting people banned or often jailed in the real world (for example jailing people for “offensive” tweets). In some case under the heading of stopping hate speech. Dissenters to their ideology cannot be tolerated simply because there is no logic in their ideology and so it does not stand up to reason. (An example is the right wing speakers being violently opposed at American universities). Therefore reason alone is not enough for liberals, they need to use force to win the argument.

One has to ask whether this these will even withstand the condemnation of liberals seeing their false ideology challenged.

The Conservative party are not conservatives. They are liberals who believe that race and gender are social constructs, that to say otherwise is hate speech, that there is no equivalence between the far-left and the far-right and generally criminalising “hate speech” and combating oppression by outing people who do prejudicial speech on the BBC.

The box that was invented to put these people in was the “tolerant left” but it’s tolerance in an Orwellian sense, complete intolerance of anything they dislike.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

E27D7FBC-E5FD-4DD7-9A18-BBA1F1B95840.jpg.jpeg
lol
Original post by ckfeister
lol

Why no commentary on this though?

Do the fake conservatives who have drifted into the liberal kaleidoscope to maintain “relevance” and who refuse to understand that there is a space for them in the new “far-right” / “alt-right” space - simply refuse to look at this in a neutral light?
Original post by Airplanebee2
Why no commentary on this though?

Do the fake conservatives who have drifted into the liberal kaleidoscope to maintain “relevance” and who refuse to understand that there is a space for them in the new “far-right” / “alt-right” space - simply refuse to look at this in a neutral light?

This sounds stupid.
The war on logic and reason started when religion was created, it is nothing new.
Reply 6
E27D7FBC-E5FD-4DD7-9A18-BBA1F1B95840.jpg.jpeg

This indoctrination of children is absolutely sickening. I'm surprised the parents of these children haven't kicked up an enormous ****-storm over that school inviting a demonic ****** into the school. What does it tell you about school teachers who have allowed it to happen? Can we trust these teachers? What other filth are they putting into children's heads?

And I vehemently disagree with crossafley's comment which conflates this with the advent religion. Religion, for all its faults, gave us basic norms/rules in society based on the family. Both religion and family norms are under coordinated attack from some truly evil people who have enormous power, e.g. Harvey's Weinstein and his ilk.

We must stand up for truth and reason. We must not allow the morons to drown us out.
Reply 7
You are talking about neo-liberals, not liberals. A liberal by definition is someone who is progressive and foward thinking - not a bad thing surely?
Reply 8
The title doesn't invite debate but rather forces your opinion on others? Is this a bit like the pot calling the kettle black?
I consider that so called liberals have declared war on reason. They have declared that biology does not exist when it comes to race and gender choosing to state that these are “social construct”.

So in a nutshell, are you basically saying that black people are genetically inferior to white people? And that women are genetically inferior to men?
Original post by M4cc4n4
The title doesn't invite debate but rather forces your opinion on others? Is this a bit like the pot calling the kettle black?

ermmm this has unpleasant racist overtones... please rephrase.
Original post by the bear
ermmm this has unpleasant racist overtones... please rephrase.

I didn't even mention people and how is it racist?
Reply 12
I agree on everything apart from what you said on race (I feel we belong to one race, the human race). However, I don't agree on calling these people liberals. They believe in equality, not liberty, therefore illiberal lefties is a more proper term.
Reply 13
Original post by Rinsed

A liberal, traditionally, was someone who supported freedom. You know, like freedom of speech, freedom of thought, et cetera. Most modern 'liberals' are shockingly illiberal.

I think liberal should still mean that. How long can we go on calling illiberal people liberal? If we want to fight them, as we shall, from the moral and political high ground, and win them, we can't join the ranks of the far right, we need to embrace proper liberalism, which as you said is about freedom. Until it's illiberal left (called liberals) against reactionary, backwards, racist, fascist right, the former will always prevail.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Zephrom
You are talking about neo-liberals, not liberals. A liberal by definition is someone who is progressive and foward thinking - not a bad thing surely?

Nothing is necessarily wrong with any concept but here is something wrong with Orwellian concepts with double meanings:

- Forward looking = looking forward to a specific definition of the future based on negating biological, historical and national differences

- Tolerance = tolerance of the other and hatred of ones own who identifies with ones own, for example love of globalism, hatred of nationalism

- Combatting oppression = stopping any negative comments about protected groups which at the same time encouraging negativity against non-protected groups. (References to those terrible Southern US racist Christians v. Putting people in jail if they criticise Muslims).

Creating one rule for all = putting a tree in the road and then criticising anyone to mentions it - making an entire ideology about opposing groups, victim / oppressor groups, then if someone makes policies which completely ignore these groups, accusing them of racism and prentice.
Reply 15
I love the smell of right wing facists running dogs burning with indignation and powerlessness, it smells of victory.
Reply 16
Original post by Maker
I love the smell of right wing facists running dogs burning with indignation and powerlessness, it smells of victory.

It's better to die free fighting against fascism than to survive as oppressed people, having sacrificed our freedoms in order to win the fight...
Reply 17
Original post by usualsuspects
It's better to die free fighting against fascism than to survive as oppressed people, having sacrificed our freedoms in order to win the fight...

a bit too serious
Original post by ByEeek
So in a nutshell, are you basically saying that black people are genetically inferior to white people? And that women are genetically inferior to men?

Hilarious - so bad saying race and gender are biological I am stating superiority / inferiority. Well just my luck because I didn’t make any statement about someone superior and someone inferior. You obviously associate nature such such statements so that’s between you and nature.
Reply 19
One of the negatives of the internet is that every 16-year-old out there now thinks they're an expert on everything (I used to think like this myself too). Read a book or two on the subject. Wait a couple years until you're an adult. Then you can start forming such strong opinions on these sorts of subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending