The Student Room Group

Do i have to re take maths at college?

I failed my maths gcse and when I went to college I thought it would be ok to have a tutor at home and pay for my maths re take. However I got in trouble with the college as they said maths was compulsory if I failed. Is there any way I can re take with a tutor? I moved to college to get away from bullies however some of them are in the maths re take. What can I do? Do I have to attend the maths lessons at college?
Original post by Delilahkay12
I failed my maths gcse and when I went to college I thought it would be ok to have a tutor at home and pay for my maths re take. However I got in trouble with the college as they said maths was compulsory if I failed. Is there any way I can re take with a tutor? I moved to college to get away from bullies however some of them are in the maths re take. What can I do? Do I have to attend the maths lessons at college?

Tell them about the bullies. Get your parents to contact the college head.

It says

compulsory maths.PNG

Its up to the college how flexible they want to be.
Looks like you have to attend for 6 weeks for them to get funding. They might be more interested in that. they might take more notice of a letter from a social worker or GP.

Quick Reply

Latest