The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Applicants for 2018 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LewisTindall
I've applied for English Language and Literature.

I haven't even received an acknowledgement of my application and i sent it off two weeks ago ;/

Kind of worried because my application is supposedly strong and my predicted grades are enough for the course yet they're the only uni to be completely silent with me...

Same here, I’ve applied for psychology over a week ago. All we can do is wait tbh. Some people have gotten offers later than others so don’t worry. I guess it depends on what course because quite a lot of people might have applied for English so they’re slower in getting through everyone. Good luck though! :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by luna-l
Hey I'm luna

Course applying for: Mathematics Bsc
Predicted/achieved grades: I got an A* in maths a level last year (june 2017) and I'm predicted A*AA at a level
Current offer status: applied yesterday!!
What made you apply: I love the uni and the architecture

Got an offer last Wednesday!!!! AAB
Original post by ANormalStudent
Yep! I’ve applied to Oxford for Psychology :smile:
I was thinking maybe Glasgow doesn’t like early applicants, but I know people who have already gotten offers and they’re applying to Oxbridge too :frown:
I guess all we can do is wait.... i’ll keep you updated if I get anything from Glasgow! Good luck to both of us 😂

Yep, I'll let you know too! Good luck!!
Course applying for: Politics and History
Predicted/achieved grades: AABC in S5 w predicted grades BB at advanced higher modern and history and AA at geography and PE
Current offer status: Applying after school break when we get our reference completed
What made you apply?: The architecture and the vibe of the city is unlike no other, the main building is a work of art, some say St.Andrews has a Hogwarts-feel to it but Glasgow could literally be mistaken for Hogwarts imo hahaha
I'm from England and also applying for Warwick, Nottingham, Edinburgh and Sheffield.

Course applying for: History and Politics
Predicted/achieved grades: predicted A*AA (History, Politics, English Lit)
Current offer status: Haven't sent my UCAS in yet- almost there!
What made you apply?: The course looks interesting and I like that you can dip your toe into other subjects. The architecture is also gorgeous!
Checking in; I'll fill out the form some time later :redface:
Anyone else attended the open day?

I absolutely loved it :biggrin:
Original post by hysterria
Anyone else attended the open day?

I absolutely loved it :biggrin:

I went to one a couple of years back - I loved it :love:
Original post by catmckie
I didn't go to the open day but I so regret it! I heard it looks like Hogwarts, is that true? 😂 What did you think of the university? Anything particularly impressive?

The main building was absolutely stunning and definitely like Hogwarts! From all the universities I've visited this was the most impressive building tbh :smile:. The university was really nice, the staff were friendly and helpful and all the facilities seemed good. I really hope Glasgow will send me an offer because I'd definitely firm it :biggrin:
i just got my offer to study English Language and Literature at Glasgow!
Congratulations! Can I ask where you live?

Thank you! :smile:

England, West Midlands, just near Coventry! Why do you ask?
Just because I wondered if you were international, since I know a lot of unis look at those applications first. I still can't believe offers are being given out, it's crazy to think we're already there!

It’s an exciting time! Scary too but mainly exciting!
Reply 32
Hi!

I've just sent in my application today - the Creative Writing MLitt - and I've been a nervous wreck since. I see some people have already gotten offers - how long did that take? Also, I have all my documents except the recommendations, has anyone gotten an unconditional offer before submitting all the documents, or do you think no one is going to look at my application until all the documents are in?

Aw, I'm so nervous! I'm applying to a couple different schools, but Glasgow is my top choice.

Oh! Also, are there any other Americans applying? (If so, hi!)
Original post by who1963
Hi!

I've just sent in my application today - the Creative Writing MLitt - and I've been a nervous wreck since. I see some people have already gotten offers - how long did that take? Also, I have all my documents except the recommendations, has anyone gotten an unconditional offer before submitting all the documents, or do you think no one is going to look at my application until all the documents are in?

Aw, I'm so nervous! I'm applying to a couple different schools, but Glasgow is my top choice.

Oh! Also, are there any other Americans applying? (If so, hi!)

Hi it took me just under 3 weeks to get an offer. Don’t worry if you have no correspondence at all because I didn’t even get an acknowledgement email for my application but just got a conditional.

Unconditionals to Glasgow for an English course won’t be too common I think. And they’ll probably only look at your application by the time everything is in.

Best of luck!!
I only just got an application acknowledgement email from Glasgow today, but some people have already gotten offers for psychology (the course i’m applying to) from Glasgow! Why is this??
Reply 35
I just got acknowledged today too tho for a different course. some unis actually send out acknowledgement after an offer and I imagine it's cos they are probably dealt with by 2 different departments
Original post by Puppo
I just got acknowledged today too tho for a different course. some unis actually send out acknowledgement after an offer and I imagine it's cos they are probably dealt with by 2 different departments

Ah I see thanks! just got an offer hahah 😂
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 37
Hi it took me just under 3 weeks to get an offer. Don’t worry if you have no correspondence at all because I didn’t even get an acknowledgement email for my application but just got a conditional.

Unconditionals to Glasgow for an English course won’t be too common I think. And they’ll probably only look at your application by the time everything is in.

Best of luck!!

Awesome, thanks! Also, sorry, still new to this whole conditional/unconditional offers, but why wouldn't getting a unconditional for an English course be common? Are unconditionals just uncommon in general?
Original post by who1963
Awesome, thanks! Also, sorry, still new to this whole conditional/unconditional offers, but why wouldn't getting a unconditional for an English course be common? Are unconditionals just uncommon in general?

Unconditional offers mean that they want you to go so badly that they don’t care what grades you get. They’re not uncommon per say but the more -academic so to speak- unis tend to give them out less due to how many people apply for the courses. And English is always heavily applied to! It’s definitely not unheard of and you will get an unconditional offer if you already have the grades they want because idk say you took the exams last year but the majority of applicants receive a conditional offer (mine is A-level grades AAB), meaning that you need to achieve those grades to get on to the course.

I’m not sure entirely how it works as you’re a US applicant but I’m assuming you’re still going to be sitting exams this academic year? The IB or something? Those exams will likely be what get you into the uni or not if you get in following your conditional offer (although if your application is really really strong there’s nothing to say you won’t get an unconditional! They’re just less common)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 39
Unconditional offers mean that they want you to go so badly that they don’t care what grades you get. They’re not uncommon per say but the more -academic so to speak- unis tend to give them out less due to how many people apply for the courses. And English is always heavily applied to! It’s definitely not unheard of and you will get an unconditional offer if you already have the grades they want because idk say you took the exams last year but the majority of applicants receive a conditional offer (mine is A-level grades AAB), meaning that you need to achieve those grades to get on to the course.

I’m not sure entirely how it works as you’re a US applicant but I’m assuming you’re still going to be sitting exams this academic year? The IB or something? Those exams will likely be what get you into the uni or not if you get in following your conditional offer (although if your application is really really strong there’s nothing to say you won’t get an unconditional! They’re just less common)

Oh! Okay...that makes sense I think. Yeah, I still have two rounds of finals before I graduate. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending