HOW MANY GCSEs IS MATHS (9-1) WORTH?

^^
1 gcse.....
Reply 2
Why you speak like this?

^^
Reply 3
1 GCSEs ONLY M8
It's worth 2 GCSEs is what my maths teacher was telling me. Thank God I got an 8.. Hope you guys get the same too!
Reply 6
Unless you are taking a Further Mathematics element, Maths (9-1) only comprises of one GCSE qualification unlike English which comprises of two (technically three) - English Language and English Literature (and a now worthless Speaking and Listening element)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
It's only 1 GCSE. The confusion may come from the fact that schools are measured by performance measures called Attainment 8 and Progress 8. For these Maths is double counted but that only affects the school, for the student it is just a single GCSE.
Reply 8
Original post by ns_2
only comprises of one GCSE qualification unlike English which comprises of two (technically three) - English Language and English Literature (and a now worthless Speaking and Listening element)

It's not 3, technically or otherwise. The speaking and listening is just an endorsement that goes with GCSE English Language. It is not a GCSE in its own right.
Reply 9
Original post by Compost
It's not 3, technically or otherwise, as the speaking and listening is just an endorsement that goes with GCSE English Language. It is not a GCSE in its own right.

I am in knowledge of this fact, and have been for a while hence my use of language - ‘worthless’ and ‘qualification’ rather than GCSE as it can be deemed as an endorsed qualification - as the grading of it remains aligned to a central set of stringent criteria and conditions of which I have personally been assessed against.
Reply 10
Original post by 0zzu
why you speak like this?

^^

cus i can
Reply 11
For the English all languages have at least two parts - an oral and a written. The oral is the presentation and the two papers are the written, The oral has to be passed, to get through into the written exam. Thus you have two passes for the one GCSE, the one for the oral exam and one the combined for the papers. The papers give you the grade (9-1), while the oral gives you the pass, merit, or distinction attached to the grade. Sadly it only counts as one GCSE. For instance you can get 9 distinction, 6 merit etc., the grade the paper result and the word the oral result.
(edited 6 years ago)
just the one. very few GCSEs are more than single award. The main one you'll encounter is science, where you can get either double award or triple award. There used to be subjects like Business, Applied IT, Health and Social Care, Engineering etc. that had double award options but I'm not sure how the 9-1 reforms have affected that.

Quick Reply

Latest