The Student Room Group

GYG Nat's Studies

1st Entry - 22nd October 2017

My name is Natalie, I am a 17 year old A level student in year 13. I'm new to TSR and when I saw Grow Your Grades highlighted at the top I was curious and had a look. I can't think of a better way to motivate me to study. Here are my subjects, past and present:

GCSE Grades:
Maths - A
English Literature - A
English Language - B
Physics - A
Chemistry - A
Biology - A
Computer Science - A
History - B
Media Studies - B
Geography - B

AS Maths:
Core 1 - A
Core 2 - C (Will probably resit this exam :erm:)
Statistics 1 - A

A Levels:
Edexcel Maths - Predicted A :excited:
OCR Computer Science - Predicted B (aiming for an A)
Edexcel Physics - Predicted B

What is my goal? I want to become a game developer. I want to program for a company and work in a team of programmers to make something. To do this I aim to go to a university and take a Game Development course :yep:.

I will give updates on what my revision methods are and how my grades are doing weekly or every fortnight.
Reply 1
Original post by NatKH
1st Entry - 22nd October 2017

My name is Natalie, I am a 17 year old A level student in year 13. I'm new to TSR and when I saw Grow Your Grades highlighted at the top I was curious and had a look. I can't think of a better way to motivate me to study. Here are my subjects, past and present:

GCSE Grades:
Maths - A
English Literature - A
English Language - B
Physics - A
Chemistry - A
Biology - A
Computer Science - A
History - B
Media Studies - B
Geography - B

AS Maths:
Core 1 - A
Core 2 - C (Will probably resit this exam :erm:)
Statistics 1 - A

A Levels:
Edexcel Maths - Predicted A :excited:
OCR Computer Science - Predicted B (aiming for an A)
Edexcel Physics - Predicted B

What is my goal? I want to become a game developer. I want to program for a company and work in a team of programmers to make something. To do this I aim to go to a university and take a Game Development course :yep:.

I will give updates on what my revision methods are and how my grades are doing weekly or every fortnight.

Welcome to TSR!

All the best! Those are some good predictions! Do you have an idea on which university you want to get into?
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
Welcome to TSR!

All the best! Those are some good predictions! Do you have an idea on which university you want to get into?

Thank you so much. I REALLY want to get into Staffordshire University. I've been told it's the best university for Game Development. If not, then hopefully Sheffield Hallam. I'd be happy with either. :h:
Reply 3
Original post by NatKH
Thank you so much. I REALLY want to get into Staffordshire University. I've been told it's the best university for Game Development. If not, then hopefully Sheffield Hallam. I'd be happy with either. :h:

I did Computer Science at uni so if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask :smile:
Reply 4
2nd Entry - 24th October 2017

This week is half term so I'm not at school.:woo:

Quick note:
I know people say not to compare yourself with others but I think sometimes I become more influenced to do better that way. I've seen many users on TSR with grades at A* and I can't imagine getting an A* at A level. Needless to say, it got me thinking. Maybe I could try. I might not be able to achieve something like that in Maths (I was initially to be predicted a B in maths but I had to ask to get it changed) or Physics but maybe - and that's a big maybe - I could achieve it in Computer Science? With my target grade being a B, I could be hoping for too much.

Maths:
I have a mechanics test on the week I return. Most of mechanics I have already done in Physics so I'm not too worried about that exam. However, there is never a bad time to revise. I opened up my exercise book and did 9 questions from the review section. It was a good thing I did because some of the question I probably looked at for half an hour, not writing anything :s-smilie:.

Physics:
As homework over the half term, I RAGed the year 12 specification. Which means I highlighted red, amber and green depending on how well I understood the topic. Anything highlighted red, I needed to write 1/2 a page of notes which ended up being 16 reds so 8 pages worth of notes :cool:. After that, I did 2 past paper exams.

Computer Science:
At the moment my Computing class is deep into the coursework. I aim to spend most of my week off focusing on this. I want to get it done as soon as I can so I'll have more time free :u:. I can't show any pictures of my coursework for obvious reasons but I'm around 1/8 done.

Extra stuff:
Whilst I was writing out my maths notes I thought it might be nice to introduce my cat. His name is Felix and it's his birthday tomorrow. He'll be reaching the ripe old age of 9 but don't worry, he's a rare breed of cat that usually live up to 100+ years. And no, you can't have him, get your own :tongue:.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending