The Student Room Group

Willing to lose weight...even extremely

I'm willing to shed some pounds/kilos. Can someone tell me how? Even extreme weight loss tips! Desperate.
Have you tried pumping some weights, love?
HIIT cardio workouts! Also strength training, but that would build muscle and muscle weighs more than fat, so if your obsessed with numbers on a scale probably not the best thing.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I'm willing to shed some pounds/kilos. Can someone tell me how? Even extreme weight loss tips! Desperate.

Calorie defect, healthy food and some exercise. Anything too extreme isn't likely to be permanent (you'll just put it back on again) and it's putting your body under undue stress for no decent reason.

Look up your BMI to give you an idea of how much you should be looking at loosing. BMI isn't a perfect science, but it's a decent guide.
Google calorie deficit and how much is reasonable. Basically it's eating a bit less than the recommended intake, but not so much that you're not getting enough nutrients etc.
Look up the food groups and try to keep a balanced diet- the foods themselves don't matter too much, but it's good to make as much as you can healthy options.
Do some form of light exercise like an evening jog round the block, a weekly swim or gym session, yoga etc. Pretty much anything will do, but if there is a specific area you want to shed the weight from you can do exercises that use that area- like running for legs. Swimming and yoga can be good because they are a gentle exercise and can be quite calming too which is always nice.

It's a gradual process so don't get too annoyed if you're not seeing instant results.
Hope that helps. :smile:
Original post by Karl_Marx_1818
Have you tried pumping some weights, love?

Building muscle over fat just makes you bigger ime. :no:
Then don't eat as much then, mate.
Track the amount of calories you eat, eat at deficit and move more. I would recommend you sign up to myfitnesspal as they make it easy to track your calories and has a good community.
Original post by Sabertooth

When you build muscle you lose fat, it doesn't make you bigger.
Original post by LouLang
When you build muscle you lose fat, it doesn't make you bigger.

Why do you think body-builders need to "cut" after building a lot of muscle? It's because they need to lose the fat in order to show off those muscles. You lose fat by having a calorie deficit. You need calories to build muscle. I thought what you said too and just turned out huge. :no: My weight loss plan now is calorie deficit to lose the excess fat first then build some muscle instead.
Reply 9
Eat less
Original post by Sabertooth

teach me how to build muscle over fat :colondollar:
I don't recommend losing weight extremely because you could end up with a lot of excess skin which will just bring up new body insecurities. It's better and healthier to lose it gradually through exercise
Reply 12
Jump rope was the way for me.
Original post by Anonymous

Go and read the stickies on the fitness forum or go and join myfitnesspal.com.

Weight loss happens with a consistent calorific deficit. Its that simple.

You can create that by eating less and or burning more through exercise.
If you dont achieve a deficit then you wont lose weight. If you do then you will lose weight.

It is that simple.

If you do extreme and are desperate then you will fall into all the usual traps of people who try and lose weight. You will fail eventually.

Learn how to do it properly and safely in a way that lasts.
Do not do anything drastic might upset your immune system

Quick Reply

Latest