The Student Room Group

Wearing suits and carrying a briefcase to university

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Drayagon
Does anyone actually wear a suit everyday to university? And carry a briefcase alongside with it. Students I mean, not staff.

I like to dress somewhat smart when going to study, I haven't seen many people in suits and briefcases, except for a group on one day, but I say you wear what you wanna wear at the end of the day (as long as it's compliant with university policy and decent), and not fully suited but a relaxed kind of tie and suit is a good looking piece of clothing, backpack is much more comfortable than a briefcase though,I'd prefer a backpack but wouldn't mind a suit as long as you're not uncomfortable
Original post by Muttley79
One of the students in my course used to turn up in full tribal gear sometimes.

Did you study at SOAS?
Original post by Cravez
Did you study at SOAS?

No.
Reply 23
I'd never wear a suit but I'd be tempted to go in wearing a ball gown or some sort of elegant evening dress.
here are the NK students... they are practising with imaginary briefcases:

https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/media/images/72634000/png/_72634178_exercisescreenshot1.png
Some people totally do that (I’ve heard and seen at my uni too). I REALLY don’t see why people judge based on this; some people just like looking smart.
Ive seen one and the other. Suit was from being interviewed, so fair excuse imo.
Briefcases have always thought they were a bit impractical, especially with laptops, then I think they are a rarity..
Yes. And that person is now on a TC at Linklaters, so who knows.
don't forget the fedora OP

Somebody delete this damn thread, everytime I log onto tsr I get this stupid stupid thread come up, even though I've already seen it
I do have one guy in my lecture class who wears a suit and carries a briefcase. He's an international student and very mature (like 50 years old) but apart from that I've not seen younger people
Original post by Quantex
A guy did this on the very first lecture of my masters. Full suit, tie, briefcase, etc. The next day he turned up wearing a hoody and the suit and briefcase were never seen again.

It's possible he felt too out of place, I know when I started at college I begged my mum to let me wear a tracksuit as I was the only one on the course wearing jeans and a formal shirt.
Original post by imaannxxx
He's an international student and very mature (like 50 years old) but apart from that I've not seen younger people

Ngl he sounds like a classy guy. Rocking up to a lecture in a suit + briefcase combo at 50. :biggrin:
Original post by imaannxxx
I do have one guy in my lecture class who wears a suit and carries a briefcase. He's an international student and very mature (like 50 years old) but apart from that I've not seen younger people

Original post by iPhone X
It's possible he felt too out of place, I know when I started at college I begged my mum to let me wear a tracksuit as I was the only one on the course wearing jeans and a formal shirt.

Original post by CTLevers
Ngl he sounds like a classy guy. Rocking up to a lecture in a suit + briefcase combo at 50. :biggrin:

Some odd delete this Gay **** sucking piece of shut thread so that every time I log onto tsr I don't have to see it. I've already viewed it like 10 times and still it has not ducking gone away
Reply 34
Original post by Cleverboy1991
Some odd delete this Gay **** sucking piece of shut thread so that every time I log onto tsr I don't have to see it. I've already viewed it like 10 times and still it has not ducking gone away

So don't keep replying to it.

And then unwatch it.
lol obviously don't wear a suit or take a briefcase to lectures OP. People will think you're weird.

No-one cares.
Just wear some decent jeans and a nice jacket
Original post by Drayagon
Does anyone actually wear a suit everyday to university? And carry a briefcase alongside with it. Students I mean, not staff.

No not unless ur will from in-betweeners 😂

No, this thread is fine. x

Quick Reply

Latest