The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
I am currently in the last year at Westminster School, so feel free to ask me any questions
Reply 3
Original post by 28dec
I am currently in the last year at Westminster School, so feel free to ask me any questions

Hello I will be taking the exam next week and I wonder if there are many wordy questions in Maths?? Also for econ will it be a TSA style multiple choice test or TSA + essay thx
Original post by paysleee
Hello I will be taking the exam next week and I wonder if there are many wordy questions in Maths?? Also for econ will it be a TSA style multiple choice test or TSA + essay thx

I did not take the econ exam, so I don't know. But most people who did it didn't find it difficult.
For maths, most of the paper is fine, but there are few challenging questions which are like UKMT maths challenge style, so they're not exactly very wordy, but require careful reading
Reply 5
Original post by 28dec
I did not take the econ exam, so I don't know. But most people who did it didn't find it difficult.
For maths, most of the paper is fine, but there are few challenging questions which are like UKMT maths challenge style, so they're not exactly very wordy, but require careful reading

I didn't expect your reply since most of the ppl on here didn't do so!! Thank you so much and I think it relieves my pressure a bit :smile: By the way did you take the biology / philosophy exam? Is biology exactly the similar structure as 'The Challenge' paper / BMAT section 1 style, which requires more problem-solving skills based on GCSE knowledge? Also I'm being curious if there will be many graph analysis? Thank you!!
Reply 6
Hello, I am taking the exam next year. 16 , I am going to take maths, physics, chemistry and biology . Can you tell me what are the questions like ? I am really nervous!!!
Heyyy I just got through this years round of admissions and I accepted a place please PM me if you want information of Economics Further Maths and Physics
Whats Physics and Further Maths like? Is it just based on GCSE knowledge? And if so do I need to study for the whole GCSE course or just parts of it? Otherwise is it like UKMT? Asking questions that need more skill to solve rather than knowledge?I am doing Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology next year, pls help!
Original post by el_angel
Hey guys,
I was just wondering if anyone reading either attends Westminster or knows anything about the entrance exams. I have read so many forums and they all say the same thing-they test your thinking rather than your knowledge which I am fine with but practise does not hurt! Thank you so much in advance. My exams are in November btw.

Year of entrance?
Recieved a Harrow School offer, both schools are internationally presitgious schools (Harrow, the better :3). Therefore, have a strong relative link in terms of admission process.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Science99999
Year of entrance?

16+
Original post by Kevin2002
16+

From my personal experience, the majority of questions are either past paper questions or developed my the professors. The interview process is the most enjoyable part, you'll engage in educational and political conversations regarding recent issues, for example my biology master provided an oxbridge mock interview, a question raised was as followed : "If you were prime-minister what would you do with the NHS?". The majority of interviews are open to discussion and debate. However, some are are seminars. Admission tutors are generally relaxed, in the Harrow environment, it was informal (although set in a grand setting). The food is gorgeous. Given that you're applying to Westminister, there is no doubt that they'll be an interview with the headmaster. Most of the interviews are group interviews, and international students make tremendous efforts to impress the headmaster, bearing gifts and bowing (such ideosyncracies are comedic and laughable), but headmasters prefer you be your'e ordinary self. Yes, these headmasters may seem daunting, though they are interrated with culture, Mr Hawkins (Harrow headmaster) began to discuss Blade Runner, so in reality there is nothing to worry, just keep up with the news.

The questions are GCSE, so read ahead, if you haven't covered the entirety of the course, discuss the paper with your professor during the interview, saying that you havent covered certain topics.
Reply 12
Original post by erratic_deus
Heyyy I just got through this years round of admissions and I accepted a place please PM me if you want information of Economics Further Maths and Physics

Well done! My daughter will prepare for the next round and she'll probably choose Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Any advice will be highly appreciated!
Original post by Aiping
Well done! My daughter will prepare for the next round and she'll probably choose Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Any advice will be highly appreciated!

Try to get her to prove the sine and cosine rules from scratch :smile:
Hello, I'm trying to apply to Westminister School (sixth form) but I have a few questions for the entrance examination.
I'm planning to take maths, physics, chemistry, and biology. How hard are the tests and how long does it take? Are we allowed to bring calculators for the math exam? What kind of questions do they ask you? Are they mostly from the GCSE textbook questions and how did you prepare for the exam? What is the limit to pass the entrance examination and what kind of questions do they really ask you in the exam?
Original post by dec25

Hello, I'm trying to apply to Westminister School (sixth form) but I have a few questions for the entrance examination.
I'm planning to take maths, physics, chemistry, and biology. How hard are the tests and how long does it take? Are we allowed to bring calculators for the math exam? What kind of questions do they ask you? Are they mostly from the GCSE textbook questions and how did you prepare for the exam? What is the limit to pass the entrance examination and what kind of questions do they really ask you in the exam?
Reply 16
Original post by dec25

Hello, i am doing the 16+ entrance exams for Westminster next year. Can you tell me what they test you on for the sciences and maths? thanks
Reply 17
Original post by lauren_1210

I am doing the same subjects as you? when are you doing the exam and have you done it? how was it?
Reply 18

you got into Westminster? that's amazing... can u tell me about the physics exam?
Reply 19

hello. can you tell me what was on for the physics paper?? and how did u get in?? thx

Latest