The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Just completed the situational judgment for Nottingham and all I can say is it was painful. How many universities use those styles of questions.
Original post by Anderson2727
I have applied to Bristol, Cambridge, Liverpool and Nottingham. I have now completed all addittional questionnaires and work experience info. All I have left to do until it is completely out of my hands is the Cambridge admissions assessment!! Have you had a questionnaire from Bristol?

Does anyone know when we will possibly start hearing if we are invited for interviews? (I know the interview dates, just unsure when it is likely to start hearing back from the unis themselves).

The wait is already seriously stressing me out!

Have
I'm baffled by this Surrey w/exp questionnaire. Has everyone just repeated the names of the practices in the boxes for the relevant animals? I don't feel like it makes any sense repeating yourself like that?
Original post by domiash
I'm baffled by this Surrey w/exp questionnaire. Has everyone just repeated the names of the practices in the boxes for the relevant animals? I don't feel like it makes any sense repeating yourself like that?

I split up my placements into the relevant boxes, for example, if I did a week at a mixed sheep and pig farm I would put 3 days in the sheep section and 2 days in the pig section. I’d repeat the placement details in both but just show that it was split.
Hope this makes sense!
Original post by 11euni-b
Have

???
Original post by Hannah1411
I split up my placements into the relevant boxes, for example, if I did a week at a mixed sheep and pig farm I would put 3 days in the sheep section and 2 days in the pig section. I’d repeat the placement details in both but just show that it was split.
Hope this makes sense!

Thanks, that's really helpful. It just seems an odd layout in comparison to some of the others and I think my brain is frazzled and overthinking everything after completing so many!

Original post by University of Surrey
Hey @NeveWhelehan, @slugsiss, @luberry and @Kittypollard,

I tried ringing the Vet Med Admissions Adviser but there was no answer, and when I went to email her I got an out of office message saying that she's off until Monday 23rd Oct. Unfortunately, this means I won't be able to find out the answer to your question about the work experience section of the questionnaire until Monday :frown: But I have emailed her and I will ring her on Monday to follow up for you guys.

I'll let you know when I have an answer from her! In the meantime, have a good weekend :smile:

All the best,
Ashley

Hi again @NeveWhelehan, @slugsiss, @luberry and @Kittypollard,

Just a quick update to say that I still haven't been able to get through to the Admissions Adviser for Vet Med. She's just returned from annual leave today so it's likely she's working her way through her emails, so hopefully she'll respond soon! I'll try calling her again this afternoon to see if I can get an answer for you guys. Sorry for the delay, just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you!! Will let you know when I get a response from her :smile:

All the best,
Ashley
Has anyone else still not received an acknowledgement from Bristol? I sent my application off on 12th October!
Reply 768
Original post by pacb10
Has anyone else still not received an acknowledgement from Bristol? I sent my application off on 12th October!

No I still haven't either, although it's reassuring others are in the same boat as me. :redface:
Hey glad to hear from you! I was starting to feel old :tongue:
Notts sent me an email a while ago that said all applicants are cross-considered for all 3 courses, so there is only need to apply for one.
Where else have you applied? :smile:

Original post by laurakyna
I'm 23!

I'm applying to notts standard one and i'm toying with the idea of the gateway there too if I'm eligible (which is very complicated and I don't know if I am or not) but not the prelim as I'm doing bio and chem A levels.

Original post by laurakyna
I'm 23!

I'm applying to notts standard one and i'm toying with the idea of the gateway there too if I'm eligible (which is very complicated and I don't know if I am or not) but not the prelim as I'm doing bio and chem A levels.
Hey, I'm a bit confused at how to approach surrey 500 word question 1. Not sure about whether or not to include emotional challenges and how I supposed to know which specific modules I will find hard given that I can know the module title but not what exactly I will have to learn. Does anyone else know about this??
Can you have a look at the surrey questionnaire and answer it later? Or do you have to stay on the window and answer it then?
Original post by Lucia12
Hey, I'm a bit confused at how to approach surrey 500 word question 1. Not sure about whether or not to include emotional challenges and how I supposed to know which specific modules I will find hard given that I can know the module title but not what exactly I will have to learn. Does anyone else know about this??

Hey @Lucia

It is a bit of a hard question to answer, I agree as you could read it in a few different ways. Can't give advice as in the same boat but just wanted to let you know though that if you click the module title it gives you a lot more detail about the module including an overview, aims, outcomes, assessments, content, methods of teaching and a reading list.

:smile: Good Luck.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Sophierb97
Can you have a look at the surrey questionnaire and answer it later? Or do you have to stay on the window and answer it then?

you can look and answer later
I have clicked on them, but I don't really know what parts I will find difficult until I'm actually learning it. But I think I've found a couple of points that I could use though
Original post by domiash
Thanks, that's really helpful. It just seems an odd layout in comparison to some of the others and I think my brain is frazzled and overthinking everything after completing so many!

Yeah it is a bit confusing! I’m just trying to think that everyone is in the same boat so just give it your best shot:smile:
Original post by defenestrated
you can look and answer later

Thanks!😊
Original post by University of Surrey
Hi again @NeveWhelehan, @slugsiss, @luberry and @Kittypollard,

Just a quick update to say that I still haven't been able to get through to the Admissions Adviser for Vet Med. She's just returned from annual leave today so it's likely she's working her way through her emails, so hopefully she'll respond soon! I'll try calling her again this afternoon to see if I can get an answer for you guys. Sorry for the delay, just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you!! Will let you know when I get a response from her :smile:

All the best,
Ashley

Hey @NeveWhelehan, @slugsiss, @luberry and @Kittypollard,

I've heard back from the Vet Med Admissions Adviser :party::party:

She's said: "They just need to list the name of the placement
and the dates and duration of the work experience. The specifics of the tasks are listed in the references they have to supply."

Hope this helps! :smile:

All the best,
Ashley
Hi there, can the University of Surrey answer this question please:
If the questionnaire was requested on 18th October and I have 7 days to complete it, would the deadline therefore be 25th October at midnight or what time? The actual email requesting it was sent at around midday.

Thank you!🙂
Original post by Sophierb97
Hi there, can the University of Surrey answer this question please:
If the questionnaire was requested on 18th October and I have 7 days to complete it, would the deadline therefore be 25th October at midnight or what time? The actual email requesting it was sent at around midday.

Thank you!🙂

Hi @Sophierb97,

Yes, the deadline would be midnight on the 25th October :smile:

Good luck with your application!

All the best,
Ashley

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending