The Student Room Group

Changing Sixth Forms

Right now I'm at a grammar 6th form which is well known for its good grades. It takes me an hour to get to school and I get home at 5:10pm which is very late and I lose an hour at home. There is a 6th form near my house which is not as well known as the school I am at right now but still gets good grades. The only thing stopping me from leaving is that I'm 7 weeks in to the school term and I've got to know my teachers.

Is it worth it to leave? Do you think it will be easier to go to a school closer to home during exams?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
If you can’t cope, it’s better to leave now while you still can. I get home around the same time from my grammar sixth form so I know how you feel - but most of the schools near me are terrible and I’ve been doing this journey for 3 years, so I’m used to it. If it helps, there were still people joining/leaving my school this week (and we’re on half term now), so it shouldn’t be too late if you’re sure!
Reply 3
Original post by tolulah
If you can’t cope, it’s better to leave now while you still can. I get home around the same time from my grammar sixth form so I know how you feel - but most of the schools near me are terrible and I’ve been doing this journey for 3 years, so I’m used to it. If it helps, there were still people joining/leaving my school this week (and we’re on half term now), so it shouldn’t be too late if you’re sure!

Thank you, I didn't know that people were still leaving

Quick Reply

Latest