The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Transferring to Bristol. University

I was wondering if it would be at all possible to transfer from Royal Holloway to Bristol University at the end of my first year. I do realize that the grade's for the courses are different (AAB vs ABB),however I have been to many extra curricular courses while doing my a levels at Bristol Uni which were preparing for me to go there (Access to Bristol). I completely forgot to apply and feel as if I would suit it better there. The reason as to why I think applying at thje end of the first year is because they would know what grades I am capable of and I feel would boost my chances if any.

tl;dr I want to apply to Bristol Uni in my second year (transfer) but there is a 1 grade difference between the uni I am at now and Bristol.
Original post by VonDutchyy
I was wondering if it would be at all possible to transfer from Royal Holloway to Bristol University at the end of my first year. I do realize that the grade's for the courses are different (AAB vs ABB),however I have been to many extra curricular courses while doing my a levels at Bristol Uni which were preparing for me to go there (Access to Bristol). I completely forgot to apply and feel as if I would suit it better there. The reason as to why I think applying at thje end of the first year is because they would know what grades I am capable of and I feel would boost my chances if any.

tl;dr I want to apply to Bristol Uni in my second year (transfer) but there is a 1 grade difference between the uni I am at now and Bristol.

This is going to depend entirely on which course you're interested in and whether you're willing to start again in year 1.

You are best ringing up Bristol directly - their admissions team will be able to give you some idea about whether they'll consider the application or not.

There's a stickied Transfer FAQ in the Applications, Clearing and UCAS
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
This is going to depend entirely on which course you're interested in and whether you're willing to start again in year 1.

You are best ringing up Bristol directly - their admissions team will be able to give you some idea about whether they'll consider the application or not.

There's a stickied Transfer FAQ in the Applications, Clearing and UCAS

I meant leaving here after the first year and then starting the second year there, I've seen people going UWE to Bristol Uni from 1st to second year. I also sent an email and recently found out my Maths and Economics course exactly the same
Original post by VonDutchyy
I meant leaving here after the first year and then starting the second year there, I've seen people going UWE to Bristol Uni from 1st to second year. I also sent an email and recently found out my Maths and Economics course exactly the same

Not all universities will accept applications into second year (and even if they do it depends massively on the content of the two courses being compatible for first year and usually you'd need to meet the standard entry requirements). If the courses aren't compatible or you don't meet the standard entry requirements then universities may offer first year entry as an alternative.

For Maths & Econ http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/media/undergraduate/admissions-statements/2018/economics.pdf states "We only accept students for direct entry into the second year in exceptional circumstances, please contact the Admissions Office for further information."

The first year modules don't look similar to me https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/economics/economics-and-mathematics.aspx v http://www.bris.ac.uk/unit-programme-catalogue/RouteStructure.jsa?byCohort=N&ayrCode=18%2F19&programmeCode=9ECON005U&_ga=2.179772068.1690169716.1508770571-963732077.1508770571

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending