The Student Room Group

I need help badly...

I never did well in secondary school to be honest I just don't like studying it just don't work out for me I have no interest in it and I can't motivate myself to study at a college now I have no GCSEs but I want to do an apprenticeship do you guys know any apprenticeship that I can start from and build up in ict and engineering or car related ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
Reply 4

Not a helpful site as all of those apprenticeship wants GCSEs
Original post by stack__
Not a helpful site as all of those apprenticeship wants GCSEs

Unfortunately,you need at least Maths and English GCSE for any job these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Unfortunately,you need at least Maths and English GCSE for any job these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess I'm ****ed in life then...
Original post by stack__
I never did well in secondary school to be honest I just don't like studying it just don't work out for me I have no interest in it and I can't motivate myself to study at a college now I have no GCSEs but I want to do an apprenticeship do you guys know any apprenticeship that I can start from and build up in ict and engineering or car related ?

You can start off by volunteering in a sector you are interested in? And if that company sees you can do the job to their standards then they may offer you a job?

It's a starting point.
Have you thought of re-sitting the necessary exams that you need?
Original post by stack__

Have a look on the government apprenticeship website, they have loads in lots of different subjects.
Reply 10
Original post by cmurphy21
Have you thought of re-sitting the necessary exams that you need?

No that's thing I don't like it and I don't want to do it I can't revise I get bored very quickly
Reply 11
I try so hard to study but I can't my brain just doesn't enjoy it so I can't do well I just don't like it so I'm looking for alternatives this government gives no choice to people that don't want to study for an example apprenticeship should have no requirements why you ask? Because we learn the job we know how to do the job I can see why maths and English is required but that should be for certain apprenticeships not all of them
Original post by stack__

Hi there,

Have you tried looking at the Find an Apprenticeship vacancy search site? Here they hold thousands of live apprenticeship vacanices, I would suggest searching for an Intermediate apprenticeship to start.

Here's the link:
https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeshipsearch

When searching through the vacancies they may mention GCSE's however some say 'desired but not required'

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 13
Could look at Level 1 apprenticeships, all of them will include an element of studying, you're just going to have to suck it up I'm afraid.
Original post by stack__

HAHA u stupid
Reply 15
Original post by sendnudez69
HAHA u stupid

Thank you bro :wink:
Reply 16
Original post by Tubbz
Could look at Level 1 apprenticeships, all of them will include an element of studying, you're just going to have to suck it up I'm afraid.

Yeah I'm gonna look for an apprenticeship if I can't find one I guess Ima just have to get my **** together and start loving studying lol
Reply 17
Original post by stack__
Yeah I'm gonna look for an apprenticeship if I can't find one I guess Ima just have to get my **** together and start loving studying lol

Apprenticeships aren't really the easy option, to avoid studying, it's just a different way of studying. For pretty much every job now you need some kind of qualification.
Reply 18
Original post by Tubbz
Apprenticeships aren't really the easy option, to avoid studying, it's just a different way of studying. For pretty much every job now you need some kind of qualification.

Yeah I know but I rather do apprenticeship
Original post by stack__
Thank you bro :wink:

any time buddy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending