The Student Room Group

Using same personal statement for reapplying

So last year i applied for pharmacy and got 4 offers however on results day i rejected my firm as i wanted to take a gap year and wasn't too sure about whether i still wanted to do mpharm however now i am reapplying to the same course and pretty much the same unis. I know i should tweak my personal statement to include my gap year but apart from that can i keep it pretty much the same as i actually do like my personal statement.My grades also do meet the requirements.
Original post by NimcoA
So last year i applied for pharmacy and got 4 offers however on results day i rejected my firm as i wanted to take a gap year and wasn't too sure about whether i still wanted to do mpharm however now i am reapplying to the same course and pretty much the same unis. I know i should tweak my personal statement to include my gap year but apart from that can i keep it pretty much the same as i actually do like my personal statement.My grades also do meet the requirements.

Yes, but.you might wish to tweak it a little though, even if its just a sentence or two to mention the GAP ot you could ask your referee to mention it..
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Yes, but.you might wish to tweak it a little though, even if its just a sentence or two to mention the GAP ot you could ask your referee to mention it..

Thanks so much i will add in details of gap year in there and ask referee to mention it.
Original post by NimcoA

Yup, I would add what you did on your gap year and how its relevant to your course. This is very important, also which are your university choices
Reply 4
Original post by NKSSSSS09
Yup, I would add what you did on your gap year and how its relevant to your course. This is very important, also which are your university choices

Kings, UCL, Manchester, Birmingham and Brighton.
Original post by NimcoA
Kings, UCL, Manchester, Birmingham and Brighton.

I would take UCL in a heartbeat! Fantastic uni!
Reply 6
Original post by NKSSSSS09
I would take UCL in a heartbeat! Fantastic uni!

The sad thing is that is the firm that i rejected on results day and now im worried if they will accept me again.
Original post by NimcoA
The sad thing is that is the firm that i rejected on results day and now im worried if they will accept me again.

Nah its fine! I basically did the same thing as you but re used my PS. I was at a uni last year and hated it and transferred to a different uni which was one of my original choices using the same PS

Quick Reply