The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flamesofsnow
Im sure it'll be fine if you only feel that way about one question! Are there a lot of questions or was it a hard test? So half the test's multiple choice and maths based and the other half like algorithms..?

Nah it's all multiple choice, there's 8 questions, each one should take around 5 minutes to do, overall it's not too crazy hard (not nearly as hard as the CSAT). Half of the questions are maths based and the other half are computing/algorithm based.

Edit: also that's why I'm freaking out about like 1 or 2 questions, because they're worth 25% of the marks :angry:
(edited 6 years ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
has anyone gone to an imperial interview? im extremely nervous any advice?
I did the test recently and found the maths section extremely easy however I really messed up some of the other qs. I think I probably got 2 wrong maybe even 3. So Yh didn't go too well
Original post by agbolahfi
I did the test recently and found the maths section extremely easy however I really messed up some of the other qs. I think I probably got 2 wrong maybe even 3. So Yh didn't go too well

There's definitely gonna be people who got full marks but I reckon most people won't, it was kind of easy to mess up on. Also the test isn't the be all and end all, they will still consider your PS and predicted grades and all. Tbh I think we're all having post exam stress (that period where you ponder upon every question and scrutinise it in your mind even though you can't change anything), I'm gonna go play some games :biggrin:
Is there anyone who still hasn’t done an interview/test for Computing?
I’m worried.
Original post by uponthyhorse
There's definitely gonna be people who got full marks but I reckon most people won't, it was kind of easy to mess up on. Also the test isn't the be all and end all, they will still consider your PS and predicted grades and all. Tbh I think we're all having post exam stress (that period where you ponder upon every question and scrutinise it in your mind even though you can't change anything), I'm gonna go play some games :biggrin:

Did u put none of the above for any of the questions?
Reply 186
Original post by alpegu006
Well, I sent off my application on the 1st or 2nd of October, and I got King's offer on the 11th. Don't worry though, If you got an interview for Imperial you are def good enough for King's!

Haven't got an interview yet. I doubt I will as I am an international student- my decision will come late, after all the interviews for UK and EU students... NERVOUS!
Original post by macmilin
Is there anyone who still hasn’t done an interview/test for Computing?
I’m worried.

I haven't done it yet, I'm really worried as well!:frown:
Hi

I sent my application for BEng Computing on the 6th of October. Just acknowledgement so far. Eu student. Should I start worrying ?
Original post by Katy Kim
Same I got that email on 8th. Hopefully all the applicants receive that email before the interview starts. It says the first interview will be on 8th of Nov so I hope we are invited to take a test before Nov

Hey, I just got an email asking me to do the test on thursday! Guess I gotta revise now!
Original post by Macklebee
Hey, I just got an email asking me to do the test on thursday! Guess I gotta revise now!

Same! Good luck for both of us :smile:
Original post by Katy Kim
Same! Good luck for both of us :smile:

I just got the email t00 :smile: . For thursday. See ya, pals !
Original post by Obsessed_with_Ox
I just got the email t00 :smile: . For thursday. See ya, pals !

Good luck!! Mine is for Thursdays too
I am confused. Is it 90 or 45 minutes long ?
Original post by Limpeh
Anyone applying for Physics? Have you received any further update? So worried...:frown:

I have applied and no interview offer yet, just a confirmation email from the department.

What are your predicted grades?
I am confused. Is it 90 or 45 minutes long ?

The actual thing is 45 minutes but there's like a practice session which takes about 10 minutes to do
The actual thing is 45 minutes but there's like a practice session which takes about 10 minutes to do

Thank you <3
Original post by Bahl12
Mind me asking what your grades are?

A*A*AA

Do I need a webcam or something to check my identity ?
Do I need a webcam or something to check my identity ?

No you just enter the username and password you get sent and then just do the quiz, it walks you through it and you can do it anytime in one sitting on that day, so don't worry about it :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending