The Student Room Group

Struggling to settle into uni life

Hi there.

i currently go to UCL and i'm not going to lie, I'm not enjoying my course at all! I really cant feel the motivation to do any work or even turning up for that matter. I think I’ve found a course which could be perfect for me. A uni perfect for me and I just have no idea what to do! Can anyone give me any advice on what to do!!!

Thank you in advance. I’ll be happy with any suggestions as I’m so stuck!
Original post by natalierae1998
Hi there.

i currently go to UCL and i'm not going to lie, I'm not enjoying my course at all! I really cant feel the motivation to do any work or even turning up for that matter. I think I’ve found a course which could be perfect for me. A uni perfect for me and I just have no idea what to do! Can anyone give me any advice on what to do!!!

Thank you in advance. I’ll be happy with any suggestions as I’m so stuck!

I think a change sounds like the best option - if youre not even turning up to the lectures theres no point carrying on with that course, you've lost all love for it :frown:
however you've got to be certain that the other uni is good for you- how do you know the course is perfect for you-is there any way to get like a tester for the course?, were you thinking the same thing for this course which you currently hate?
what makes the uni perfect? -if you've not visited it-get over there!
make urself sure that the other course/uni are good for you then I would switch for sure
Original post by angrypoliceman
I think a change sounds like the best option - if youre not even turning up to the lectures theres no point carrying on with that course, you've lost all love for it :frown:
however you've got to be certain that the other uni is good for you- how do you know the course is perfect for you-is there any way to get like a tester for the course?, were you thinking the same thing for this course which you currently hate?
what makes the uni perfect? -if you've not visited it-get over there!
make urself sure that the other course/uni are good for you then I would switch for sure

Hi! Thanks for answering - i went to look at the uni today and its a 5 minute walk, which is super convenient, i've looked on the website we do one module at a time so we dont have to worry about 4 modules at once, i get to choose my timetable, the modules are what i think will suit me a lot.
Original post by natalierae1998
Hi! Thanks for answering - i went to look at the uni today and its a 5 minute walk, which is super convenient, i've looked on the website we do one module at a time so we dont have to worry about 4 modules at once, i get to choose my timetable, the modules are what i think will suit me a lot.

sounds like its an obvious choice now :smile:
Original post by angrypoliceman
sounds like its an obvious choice now :smile:

I guess so, thank you for answering

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending