The Student Room Group

Don’t want to be a Muslim.

I did eat pork at a buffet, usually eat non halal food I don’t see the problem. I have very strong beliefs on agnosticism and have referred to myself as agnostic for the past 3 years. I hate stupid Islamic beliefs being shoved down my throat, my parents disagree with what I believe in.

Even satanism is better than islam in my opinion. I never back down and usually argue with them. My voice needs to be heard.

What should I do?
I’d rather kill myself then not believing in what I wanna believe in, it’s 2017 cmon!
Let people believe in whatever they want! It isn’t hurting nobody

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by WhisperedTruth
I did eat pork at a buffet, usually eat non halal food I don’t see the problem. I have very strong beliefs on agnosticism and have referred to myself as agnostic for the past 3 years. I hate stupid Islamic beliefs being shoved down my throat, my parents disagree with what I believe in.

Even satanism is better than islam in my opinion. I never back down and usually argue with them. My voice needs to be heard.

What should I do?
I’d rather kill myself then not believing in what I wanna believe in, it’s 2017 cmon!

If you don't believe in it, then don't. If you don't identify yourself as Muslim or don't want any part of it then you're not a Muslim.
Original post by Black Water
If you don't believe in it, then don't. If you don't identify yourself as Muslim or don't want any part of it then you're not a Muslim.

My parents though ugh they legit verbally abuse me, they still live in the 1970s where life was strict
Reply 3
My parents though ugh they legit verbally abuse me, they still live in the 1970s where life was strict

Oh right. Just say to them and explain that you don't and why you don't believe in Islam.
Reply 4

how old are you? If you are over 18, then you're allowed to do whatever you want. If they verbally abuse you regarding religion and you go to school, tell someone there. Verbal abuse, regarding religion especially is illegal.
Just stop believing in the unpleasant religion that is Islam then. You might have to wait until you’re financially independent before you tell your family.
try finding the true meaning of islam rather than your parents cultrual verison of islam if it not for you then leave
Reply 7
Hiya! I'm a Muslim myself. If you do not want to be a Muslim, then it's not up to anyone to say otherwise. It is your life, and no one should interfere. If you are 18 and above, then you should not have a problem facing your parents, and telling them about your belief. If you're under and you're still having trouble, then just wait it out until your 18. If they still disapprove, then say that it's between me and god, not you. They are in no position to impose who is Muslim and who isn't. Although it'd be nice to have you onboard the Islam Train, it's entirely up to you. We certainly wouldn't want to push someone to believe in something he wouldn't want to believe in.

By the way, to all that are mean to the religion of Islam, I pity you. There is no reason to hate on a religion that has been distorted from its true definition over centuries and years. Rather, you should be understandable and know that many are misguided. I'm no sheikh, and I'm not strictly religious, i'm just a bloke who's studying the A levels and minding his own business, but seriously, don't hate on any religion, it's really rude.

What should I do?

I'm a ex-Muslim too and have really strict Muslim parents who structure their whole existence around religion. Wait until you move out before telling your parents. In fact, you don't even need to tell your parents when you move out seeing as you can pretty much do what you want when living on your own.
Then don't be one. From what you've said I highly doubt you still are a Muslim anyway.
As a Muslim ur problem is with ur parents. Don't be one if u don't beleive it, it isn't gna make a diff to us. But why rant on tsr like that's gna help lol. Nobody cares. Talk to ur parents instead
If you don't want to then don't???
Reply 12
Original post by ProgrammerC
I suggest you to read the Quran then you'll absolutely understand Islam is NOT a peace of religion. Islam just orders to you conquer, kill wherever you find the non-believers(Al-Baqarah [2:191]), disrespect the women also you can beat the women (an nisa 34), marry with the 3-4 women.. etc. Do you really think these are make sense ? Islam is an violence ideology created by a pedophile, rapist, ruthless Muhammed.

You can find so many shameful and immoral hadits.

I'm an ex-muslim, I've made so many researchments about Islam and every time I've just learnt disgusting things from that religion.

You aren't muslim I doubt you even where you clearly now jack all about Islam all you do is cherry pick:2:191And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.The verse was revealed at a time when Muslims of Madinah were under constant attack from the Makkans. An example would be when the Makkans conducted the public crucifixion of the companion of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) Khubaib bin Ad.
Reply 13

What should I do?

Leave the religion if you don't like it pretend to them and when you move out do what you want you chose your path.
Original post by Arsi99
You aren't muslim I doubt you even where you clearly now jack all about Islam all you do is cherry pick:2:191And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.The verse was revealed at a time when Muslims of Madinah were under constant attack from the Makkans. An example would be when the Makkans conducted the public crucifixion of the companion of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) Khubaib bin Ad.

Can you tell me what is the punishment for the apostasy ?
Reply 15
Can you tell me what is the punishment for the apostasy ?

If you leave its fine but if you start to cause fitna then its death according to sharia but we aren't living in a islamic country we are living in a secular democratic country so he or she can do what thy want.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Arsi99
If you leave its fine but if you start to cause fitna then its death according to sharia but we aren't living in a islamic country we are living in a secular democratic country so he or can do what thy want.

As I said before, it is a shameful tradition for the humanity. If you start to warning people about that religion, you are legally dead. Btw, according to Sahih Bukhari there is no requirement of the fitna.

Sahih Bukhari (52:260) : "...The Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "

Sahih Bukhari (84:57) "- [In the words of] "Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"
Reply 17
No one cares
Reply 18
As I said before, it is a shameful tradition for the humanity. If you start to warning people about that religion, you are legally dead. Btw, according to Sahih Bukhari there is no requirement of the fitna.

Sahih Bukhari (52:260) : "...The Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "

Sahih Bukhari (84:57) "- [In the words of] "Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"

Instead of randomly copying pasting hadith's and verses learn the rulings and their context idiots like you clearly know nothing about religion even leaving christanity in the past would of been a death penalty and islam does allow them to live unless they cause fitna in the community.
(edited 6 years ago)
Your parents disagree with your beliefs? Well woe be you, o man of oppression and pain. Rise above and break the shackles of misery that your persecutors use to torment you.

...you can leave Islam with being an attention seeking drama queen...

Latest