The Student Room Group

How often do applicants for joint honours get an offer for just one subject?

In particular for something like economics which doesn't run as a single honours subject, for example do applicants for PPE ever get offers for Econ and Management?
@BrasenoseAdm
Original post by youknownothing7
In particular for something like economics which doesn't run as a single honours subject, for example do applicants for PPE ever get offers for Econ and Management?
@BrasenoseAdm

I don't think you tagged them properly @BrasenoseAdm
Original post by SuperHuman98
I don't think you tagged them properly @BrasenoseAdm

We are not aware of any instance of this, so no.
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
We are not aware of any instance of this, so no.

What, joint honours applicants getting single-honours offers? Really? A history tutor at St Peter's told me that History did it if they thought the applicant would make a great History student, but the department for the other half of the joint honours course didn't want them.
Original post by youknownothing7
What, joint honours applicants getting single-honours offers? Really? A history tutor at St Peter's told me that History did it if they thought the applicant would make a great History student, but the department for the other half of the joint honours course didn't want them.

We've certainly heard of joint degree applications for History + subject being made an offer for History sole and Brasenose has done this.

We've not heard of a PPE applicant being offered for E&M, which is what we understood your post to be asking about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending