The Student Room Group

Stranger Things Season 2 Discussion Thread

stranger-things-2sbad-trailer-breakdown-banner.jpg

On Friday the 27th of October 2017, the world is turning...
uʍop ǝpᴉsd∩

Calling all Stranger Things fans! :woo: If you're a really big Stranger Things fan like I am, you'll have been anticipating the release of season 2 ever since you binge watched the first season on Netflix, and became encapsulated by the crazy, eerie world seen in the perhaps unfortunate fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana. This is such a refreshing, exciting series, so I think it is clear as to why it has fascintated fans of all ages across the world, and captured our imaginations. From the comical 80s features seen throughout, to the more spooky supernatural elements, it really brings together some really enticing and interesting ideas.

So, we thought it would be great to create a thread where we can all chat about anything Stranger Things, particularly the new season :biggrin: Have a good theory or idea about something? Let us know! Want to join us in the countdown to what should be an amazing second seaon? You're in the right place! Here we can all discuss the second season as we watch it, sharing ideas and opinions, and having a general chit chat about it.

For anyone who hasn't really heard of the series but is perhaps interested in giving it a go, here's a little background from Wikipedia:

"This thrilling Netflix original drama stars Golden Globe-winning actress Winona Ryder as Joyce Byers, who lives in a small Indiana town in 1983 -- inspired by a time when tales of science fiction captivated audiences. When Joyce's 12-year-old son, Will, goes missing, she launches a terrifying investigation into his disappearance with local authorities. As they search for answers, they unravel a series of extraordinary mysteries involving secret government experiments, unnerving supernatural forces, and a very unusual little girl."

There is still time for you to catch up over the next few days so you can watch the second season alongside us and get involved with this discussion! If you have any spare time away from your studies/work (because, kids, studying is obviously important :wink:), or you want a break from all of that effort you have been putting in, have a watch! It's half term, you deserve a treat :teehee: it's a great way to get into the halloween spirit :jacko: and I'd definitely recommend you at least give it a try!

So, are you ready for season 2? Are you prepared for the unknown? :colone:

What was your favourite thing about this season?

Do you have a favourite character? Did this change from season 1?

Which episode was your favourite?

Where can you see the story going/ending?

Feel free to answer these questions once you've watched the season! :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Changing Skies

stranger-things-2sbad-trailer-breakdown-banner.jpg

On Friday the 27th of October 2017, the world is turning...
uʍop ǝpᴉsd∩

Calling all Stranger Things fans! :woo: If you're a really big Stranger Things fan like I am, you'll have been anticipating the release of season 2 ever since you binge watched the first season on Netflix, and became encapsulated by the crazy, eerie world seen in the perhaps unfortunate fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana. This is such a refreshing, exciting series, so I think it is clear as to why it has fascintated fans of all ages across the world, and captured our imaginations. From the comical 80s features seen throughout, to the more spooky supernatural elements, it really brings together some really enticing and interesting ideas.

So, we thought it would be great to create a thread where we can all chat about anything Stranger Things, particularly the new season :biggrin: Have a good theory or idea about something? Let us know! Want to join us in the countdown to what should be an amazing second seaon? You're in the right place! Here we can all discuss the second season as we watch it, sharing ideas and opinions, and having a general chit chat about it.

For anyone who hasn't really heard of the series but is perhaps interested in giving it a go, here's a little background from Wikipedia:

"This thrilling Netflix original drama stars Golden Globe-winning actress Winona Ryder as Joyce Byers, who lives in a small Indiana town in 1983 -- inspired by a time when tales of science fiction captivated audiences. When Joyce's 12-year-old son, Will, goes missing, she launches a terrifying investigation into his disappearance with local authorities. As they search for answers, they unravel a series of extraordinary mysteries involving secret government experiments, unnerving supernatural forces, and a very unusual little girl."

There is still time for you to catch up over the next few days so you can watch the second season alongside us and get involved with this discussion! If you have any spare time away from your studies/work (because, kids, studying is obviously important :wink:), or you want a break from all of that effort you have been putting in, have a watch! It's half term, you deserve a treat :teehee: it's a great way to get into the halloween spirit :jacko: and I'd definitely recommend you at least give it a try!

So, are you ready for season 2? What is your favourite thing about the show? Are you prepared for the unknown? :colone:

Yessss! I am so excited for S2. From the trailer it looked like it's going to be quite a bit darker than S1 which is amazing.

And I definitely agree - it will be perfect for getting into the Halloween spirit!
God I LOVE Stranger Things. Trailer looks awesome:

[video="youtube;lQ2RGaDBfwI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ2RGaDBfwI[/video]
The trailer has me so pumped!!! I hope we get to know more about eleven, i really wanna know if Hopper is her dad or not. I hope season to isn't a let down to season one though.
I cannot even tell you how many times I've rewatched season 1. I believe it is genuinely one of the best TV shows out right now. I am so excited for season 2, I'm going to dedicate the whole day to just watching it - no pacing myself haha. One thing I'm curious about is the new characters. Often, I don't really adapt to new characters too well, but I guess the absence of Eleven from the boys means that a girl should be introduced to make it a little more interesting and dynamic. :shot::shot::shot:

Spoiler

It will be released a day after my admissoons test.
Can't wait for it 😎
I'm so excited!!

Original post by emperorCode
Can't wait for it 😎

Ooh, a nice reward then! Good luck with your test!

Who was everyone's favourite character in season 1?!
Original post by PilboBaggins
Yessss! I am so excited for S2. From the trailer it looked like it's going to be quite a bit darker than S1 which is amazing.

And I definitely agree - it will be perfect for getting into the Halloween spirit!

Yeah it really does!! Can't wait to see how things pan out! :biggrin:
Original post by Fox Corner
God I LOVE Stranger Things. Trailer looks awesome:

[video="youtube;lQ2RGaDBfwI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ2RGaDBfwI[/video]

Ahhh doesn't it just! Even the trailer is perfect :lol:
Original post by castielhowlter
The trailer has me so pumped!!! I hope we get to know more about eleven, i really wanna know if Hopper is her dad or not. I hope season to isn't a let down to season one though.

Same! Yeah there are so many theories it'll be really fun to see where it leads. I hope so too, from what I've seen though, it definitely wont be! :tongue:
Original post by blinkedkiwi
I cannot even tell you how many times I've rewatched season 1. I believe it is genuinely one of the best TV shows out right now. I am so excited for season 2, I'm going to dedicate the whole day to just watching it - no pacing myself haha. One thing I'm curious about is the new characters. Often, I don't really adapt to new characters too well, but I guess the absence of Eleven from the boys means that a girl should be introduced to make it a little more interesting and dynamic. :shot::shot::shot:

Spoiler

Aw really? :biggrin: It really is amazing! There's something in it for everyone which is why I love it so much. Haha me too, I love watching them in one go, but then I'll be sad it's over :frown: Yeah I know what you mean about introducing new people, hopefully the dynamic will be the same!
Original post by emperorCode
Can't wait for it 😎

Ooh at least you have something to look forward to! Best of luck with the admissions test! :biggrin:
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I'm so excited!!

I like Mike and Nancy :tongue: what about you?
Reply 9
it's released the day before my birthday and the same time masters project options become available :h:

Rewatching season 1 now :smile:
I have a test on Monday too :cry:
@tasha_tah
Original post by lychee627
i have a test on monday too :cry:
@tasha_tah

good luck xx
Original post by castielhowlter

I didn't even realise that could be a theory! I googled it and this article is pretty interesting - maybe that Hopper had a daughter who was part of the same programme but not actually Eleven.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I'm so excited!!

Dustin is my favourite - he just makes me laugh!
Original post by Fox Corner
I didn't even realise that could be a theory! I googled it and this article is pretty interesting - maybe that Hopper had a daughter who was part of the same programme but not actually Eleven.

There are so many good Stranger Things theories...:smile: I do feel like we'd have seen more recognition from Hopper is Eleven was his daughter though. The theory of his daughter being in the same programme is interesting though.
I am so excited for this! It's come around quite quickly :biggrin:
I've heard many good things about the show. Guessing I'm the only one here who hasn't watched it yet?
Everyone forgets about Barbara..

:emo:
Original post by Ze Witcher
Everyone forgets about Barbara..

:emo:

Original post by sivthasan
I've heard many good things about the show. Guessing I'm the only one here who hasn't watched it yet?

You definitely should! What other TV shows do you like? If you're interested in Sci-fi-y, sort of horror-y stuff then you'll definitely enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending