The Student Room Group

Liberals have declared war on reason

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Airplanebee2
Sexologist John Money observed that the term "gender role" appeared to describe a new clinic for transsexuals in 1966 and the term soon became language. Money then went on to say that gender identity disorder is sub-divisible into genetic, prenatal hormonal, postnatal social, and post-pubertal hormonal determinants, but there is, as yet, no comprehensive and detailed theory of causality.

It is a state where the natural gender assignment and body characteristics are incorrectly decoded by the brain or psyche leaving a dissonance between ones natural properties and perception of oneself.

As to your other point, race and intelligence, the matter has been studied with considerable depth over many generations up to the present date and a huge volume of information exists on the topic. I cannot discuss it because it’s a taboo subject and probably discussion of it will not be permissible on this forum. You can read it online.

I think you have expressed my sentiment for me and put it very well when you said that identifying people by race is perceived as oppression. It’s a political blocker to such discussion. Myself personally, I am interested in objectivity not “political truths”.

List all the races that exist according to you
Reply 41
I thought this cancer just existed on CNN. You telling me this ****'s really believed by some people?

Apache#299er reporting for duty!
Original post by saayagain
List all the races that exist according to you

Caucasian
Black
Asian
Oriental
Aborigine
American Indian
Eskimo

As to your other point, race and intelligence, the matter has been studied with considerable depth over many generations up to the present date and a huge volume of information exists on the topic. I cannot discuss it because it’s a taboo subject and probably discussion of it will not be permissible on this forum. You can read it online.

"Race Realism" or whatever you're trying to dress it up as these days is as much *******s as it's always been. You cannot accurately separate culture, opportunities as a youth and social views from intelligence testing - professional bodies such as the APA have been quite clear that an intelligence test independent of culture does not exist; observed inheritability of IQ varies across class boundaries, along with the Flynn effect showing raising IQs too fast for a genetic basis as education has become more accessible; and it's possible to make women perform worse on maths tests by reminding them they're female beforehand. Intelligence is not a objectively quantifiable trait like height or weight, measuring it depends on tests that can't be separated from culture and class.
So much crap here in this thread where to begin.
Okay firstly I cannot believe I just read his but one guy really believes we have stopped evolving according to survival of the fittest?????

Okay evolution never stops just because it does not seem like the same things required to survive now as in the past does not mean it has stopped.
Though I do think muscle still works well for attracting girls and intelligence still allows one to earn more money and provide more resources to a potential mate.

However all that aside social skills is a big factor these days if we went full communism then the people that would stand out in evolutionary terms would be the people with the best social skills. People still choose heir mates and some people have lots of children where as others have none or never find a mate.

Onto the whole racial IQ thing again inpiss both sides off because I am objective rather then sticking to a side. In all truth I just don't know if one particular ethnic group is superior in intelligence terms compared to the others. I am aware that IQ test data does tend to imply this however
Too many external variables such as culture diet education water supply disease I really don't think we can pick it apart with any real confidence.
I believe in equality of oppertubity not equality of outcome. Evolution has its own way of sorting things out.

If we went far enough we could halt evolution we would just need to restrict everyone's income and mandate who has to have sex with whom and who has to have children etc. Basically a hell hole of no freedom.

We don't need to deny or confirm differences just let people be people and nature play out that is what is best for everyone.

Oh and Donald trump is not a bad guy he is a true hero and one of the few greats who can dare to stand against he corrupt tide engulfing and corroding away at western civilisation. If civilisation survives in a positive forward developing way in the future it will be because of great men who dared to stand against the tide like Donald Trump.

Trump is a hero.
Sounds like someone got punched at the Nazi party.

Does poor Nazi baby need a safe space?
Reply 46
/r/iamverysmart
Reply 47
Whoever thinks we’re still evolving is wrong. Human Evolution has stopped.

We protect and cater to the needs of the fat, the weak, the sick and the disabled more than we do the strong.

The Human Race is, whilst more technologically advanced, weaker now than it has ever been in History.

More and more of Western Society rely on pills and therapists than ever before.
Caucasian
Black
Asian
Oriental
Aborigine
American Indian
Eskimo

So according to you there are seven races.

What is your definition of race? What is a race?

How do you identify a race?
I consider that so called liberals have declared war on reason. They have declared that biology does not exist when it comes to race and gender choosing to state that these are “social construct”.

Another example from the liberal bag of tricks: equality does not mean treating people equally.

"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others".
Original post by saayagain
So according to you there are seven races.

What is your definition of race? What is a race?

How do you identify a race?

Please see: https://www.nature.com/articles/ng1435

Race is something hard coded in DNA. Anti-race campaigners say that the DNA is so similar (greater than 99%) thus race does not exist, but human DNA is also 99% similar to a rat so either race exists or you are a rat. DNA similarity works on a logorhythmic sale meaning non-linear.
Original post by Dan_211
Whoever thinks we’re still evolving is wrong. Human Evolution has stopped.

We protect and cater to the needs of the fat, the weak, the sick and the disabled more than we do the strong.

The Human Race is, whilst more technologically advanced, weaker now than it has ever been in History.

More and more of Western Society rely on pills and therapists than ever before.

The fat the weak the sick and the disabled are less desirable mates and statistically have less probability chance of attracting a mate and reproducing.

They are also more likely to die in times of strife just because we don't have times where they are left on the roadside to die or hunted down by wolves does not mean evolution has stopped.
Original post by ByEeek
... the standard liberal view is that everyone is equal and should treat each other with respect. Is that really such a hard concept to understand?

I dunno.

The ethnically Nigerian and very liberal student who runs the Black and Minority Ethnic Society at Cambridge University seems to have difficulty in understanding it when he tweeted:

'ALL white people are racist. White middle class, white working class, white men, white women, white gays, white children they can ALL geddit'
Original post by artful_lounger
Sounds like someone got punched at the Nazi party.

Does poor Nazi baby need a safe space?

Oh imagine my shock at that response from a liberal.:tongue:
Original post by Zephrom
You are talking about neo-liberals, not liberals. A liberal by definition is someone who is progressive and foward thinking - not a bad thing surely?

No. But your definition is pretty awful.
Original post by AllonsEnfants!
I dunno.

The ethnically Nigerian and very liberal student who runs the Black and Minority Ethnic Society at Cambridge University seems to have difficulty in understanding it when he tweeted:

'ALL white people are racist. White middle class, white working class, white men, white women, white gays, white children they can ALL geddit'

That's because he's right dumbass. All white European and NA people materially benefit from the legacy of slavery and continue to ignore the issues in systemic racism which continue to benefit them and hinder others. It takes a great deal of effort to remove the white-tinted glasses to see the endemic problems and unlearn the immediate dismissals of race issues which are so prevalent, and many don't bother doing so and thus perpetuate the cycle.

Clearly you are one of those, and one of the stupider examples of "I'm a super logic reasoner except I actually fail to engage on any issue and use 'logic' as an excuse to ignore all context which is in itself illogical and reveals my true idiocy".
Original post by VirgoStrain
Don’t cry my little teenage Nazi. Your crush will notice you eventually.

Not.

Virgo shouted as he flounced out slamming the door behind him :tongue:
Original post by Zephrom
You are talking about neo-liberals, not liberals. A liberal by definition is someone who is progressive and foward thinking - not a bad thing surely?

So anyone not a liberal is not progressive and forward-thinking?
Original post by VirgoStrain
Let me introduce everyone to the leading cast member for the weekly comedy show on TSR: My Little Fascist - available on demand 24/7!

Virgo now screamed as the window panes rattled. :tongue:
Please see: https://www.nature.com/articles/ng1435

Race is something hard coded in DNA. Anti-race campaigners say that the DNA is so similar (greater than 99%) thus race does not exist, but human DNA is also 99% similar to a rat so either race exists or you are a rat. DNA similarity works on a logorhythmic sale meaning non-linear.

Look at the conclusion of the article mate.

At the end of the day, what's the point of the concept of race? Answer this question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending