The Student Room Group

Not sixteen sitting gcse

Hi
I was thinking I wd not be sixteen when I sit for my GCSE in 2019 how wd this affect me?
If your birthday is in July/August then this would make you 14/15 in exam season, which is normal. Your age at the time of your exams should not affect you in any way. You're sitting your GCSEs in 2019, so I'm assuming this makes you Year 10 now? If that's the case, your birthday ranges from September 2002-August 2003. If you were born in the summer months like I said, this would not affect you in any way. I'm one of the oldest in my year (currently Year 12) because my birthday is in the Autumn Term, so I sat my GCSEs at age 15/16. This did not put me at an advantage to those aged 14/15.
Reply 2
Original post by Laboromniavincit
Hi
I was thinking I wd not be sixteen when I sit for my GCSE in 2019 how wd this affect me?

Moved to GCSEs. :smile:

It will definitely not affect you. I know someone born on 29th August who sat her GCSEs with no problems between the ages of 13 and 15 and who got really good grades, so do not worry about it. :thumbsup:
Thank you both
Don't know why I was feeling so anxious.
I feel better now
I sat most of my GCSEs when I was fourteen (year 10), the remainder I sat when I was fifteen, it makes no difference what so ever.

Quick Reply

Latest