The Student Room Group

Can only white people appropriate culture

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by NicholasJohn
Most ludicrous thing I ever saw was a bunch of Pakis on a camping trip. Stick to eating fried chicken you wogs.

they don't have fried chicken in Pakistan really?
I don't think camping has a culture either lol
Reply 21
this whole thread makes me hate humanity even more....F**ks wrong with you people
Reply 22
Original post by Avaia
this whole thread makes me hate humanity even more....F**ks wrong with you people

seems i've found more racists than I thought I would see on TSR
:frown: I can't believe there is this much hatred towards POCs like me who just want to try and reclaim the culture that was taken away from us without it becoming a trend or fashion statement
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Milky_Way
seems i've found more racists than I thought I would see on TSR

I hope you are not referring to me as a racist
Reply 24
Original post by Avaia
I hope you are not referring to me as a racist

Oh no!
Sorry! second language english here
just re read that
Original post by hannxm
It seems white people are the only people who can be racist or culturally appropriate. :colonhash: Cultural appropriation is a joke in itself.

Actually, i strongly disagree with the comment. Cultural appropriation stems from the appropriation arguement between white people and African Americans. Many african americans believes white people appropriate their clothes, music, hairstyles and many other factors. Considering slavery and the main fact being that African Americans were not only stripped of their African Heritage/Culture, but even their real surnames. When the common white person appropriates a newly found culture they had to form for themselves post slavery, yes it can be extremely annoying and offensive:/.
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
> lives/studies in UK
> complains about her culture not being dominant

It's funny you say that when really she has every single right to complain about the negative connotations around her culture and the lack of cultural acceptance. The only reason other cultures (apart from White English) are in your country is because we were forced into here. Please stop commenting if the only replies you have are ignorant and simple minded :smile:
Cultural appropriation is not a bad thing.
Cultural Misappropriation is what people should be saying instead, even that though is *******s
Original post by coolio333
The only reason other cultures (apart from White English) are in your country is because we were forced into here.

Hahahahaha. You are free to go back to whatever shithole from whence you came. Nobody is forcing you stay here.
Why is culture so important to some Libs, you can't be against a strong European culture but be strongly in favour of African or Asian cultures, in an almost nationalistic way. I believe in human culture.
Original post by Good bloke
Clearly that is nonsense. Who is punishing them for wearing traditional Indian dress now?

Sadly, it isnt nonsense... Post colonialisation Indians were mocked for embracing their own culture. Soon, they began dressing like quote said ' the white man ' and hoping to embrace more Eurocentric features/culture to fit in. This form of indoctrination has been present for over a century. I doubt that kind of mindset can leave a whole country so soon.
Sadly, it isnt nonsense... Post colonialisation Indians were mocked for embracing their own culture. Soon, they began dressing like quote said ' the white man ' and hoping to embrace more Eurocentric features/culture to fit in. This form of indoctrination has been present for over a century. I doubt that kind of mindset can leave a whole country so soon.

If that is true then it is an Indian problem, not a British one.
My family come from a White country that was colonised by a non-White country so I find the whole colonisation white people are racist thing quite funny.

We were also bombed from Britain though so there's that.
Original post by Anonsama
Hahahahaha. You are free to go back to whatever shithole from whence you came. Nobody is forcing you stay here.

hahahahaha... sadly we cant return to our home countries purely on the basis, as due to Your countries colonialisation, our "3rd world" countries are now extremely lower ecoonomically developed in comparison to your own. Had your ancestors decided Not to colonise the the whole world... No one would need to live in your country to gain a "better life. So please educate yourself before you comment ignorant comments you racist bigot :smile: bye bye now x
Original post by Good bloke
If that is true then it is an Indian problem, not a British one.

Funny you say that when the problem at hand stems from a white man. Had again your ancestors decided NOT to colonise the whole world and indoctrinate them into the racist ideals that they believe. Indians and many other cultural minorities wouldnt feel ashamed of their own culture and feel the need to be viewed as what the white man views as "Normal". I.e Eurocentric features
hahahahaha... sadly we cant return to our home countries purely on the basis, as due to Your countries colonialisation, our "3rd world" countries are now extremely lower ecoonomically developed in comparison to your own. Had your ancestors decided Not to colonise the the whole world... No one would need to live in your country to gain a "better life. So please educate yourself before you comment ignorant comments you racist bigot :smile: bye bye now x

There's no point in constantly talking about how much you hate White people while living in UK though, it's pretty pointless. What's the obsession with race? You sound like an Asian version of a Britains first member.
If white people can't wear braids, then black people can't wear wigs with blonde, straight hair then. If people can't wear Indian styled clothes, then Indian people can't wear western style clothing. Skin/ear/lip stretching is a practice started hundreds of years ago in tribes, so people who aren't involved in their tribe shouldn't do it?

People should be able to wear whatever they want and express themselves whatever way they want in my opinion.

Actually, i strongly disagree with the comment. Cultural appropriation stems from the appropriation arguement between white people and African Americans. Many african americans believes white people appropriate their clothes, music, hairstyles and many other factors. Considering slavery and the main fact being that African Americans were not only stripped of their African Heritage/Culture, but even their real surnames. When the common white person appropriates a newly found culture they had to form for themselves post slavery, yes it can be extremely annoying and offensive:/.
Original post by mature student
There's no point in constantly talking about how much you hate White people while living in UK though, it's pretty pointless. What's the obsession with race? You sound like an Asian version of a Britains first member.

First of all, not Asian lol. Second of all, never once did i say that i had a hatred towards white people. i have hatred towards any racist person with bigotry like comments :smile:. No obsession with race, just educating racist people on their countries history :smile:
First of all, not Asian lol. Second of all, never once did i say that i had a hatred towards white people. i have hatred towards any racist person with bigotry like comments :smile:. No obsession with race, just educating racist people on their countries history :smile:

I don't think it's racist to say why not go back to your own land, if you have such pride for it and such hatred for the one you're living in. I dislike Britain but I also plan on leaving, maybe you should do the same? Otherwise, you come across as completely hypocritical.

:smile: keep doing what you're doing my man :smile: kill the evil whitey :smile: we was kings n **** before the white devil :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending