The Student Room Group

Liberals have declared war on reason

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dan_211
All African and Asians continue to benefit from the legacy of the Barbary Slave Trade which stole millions of whites.

Get out of your pathetic victim mentality, accept your ancestors were weak and move on. Nobody owes you ****. White Colonials uplifted most of the world from the Dark Ages, which is what Africa was still in. Blacks captured blacks and sold them to Whites. It was several hundred years and NOBODY who experienced slavery is alive today

I'm white, so your racism just fell a bit flat, and also just because they didn't experience it doesn't mean they don't experience the repercussions of it.
Original post by VirgoStrain
Compelling storytelling skills right here. I’d brush up on your English before trying to look like a smartass 👌🏼👌🏼😂

And we were all relieved to see that Virgo's attack of coprolalia, so prevalent among liberal types, had once again subsided.:biggrin:
Reply 62
Original post by artful_lounger
I'm white, so your racism just fell a bit flat, and also just because they didn't experience it doesn't mean they don't experience the repercussions of it.

The Repercussions of it?

You mean the millions of Black Americans with Education and good living standards now who would be tribal otherwise?

The dozens of Democratic Nations that now exist in and around Africa?

Electricity, the Internet, plumbing, sewage works, medicine?

Extremely high literacy rates compared with untouched parts of Africa were they still cannot write?

Sure it was bad it happened. Wars are bad, they happened. The Muslim Genocide of Indians happened. The Barbary Slave Trade happened.

Wasn’t the first and won’t be the last atrocity.
Let’s not forget the same White Colonials stopped the Nazis, not joined with them.

The benefits and positive repercussions of the Colonies are far far more evident than any repercussions.

You want to be ashamed of your ancestors for connecting the world and building life in the 21st century as you know, go ahead. There’s no reason anybody else need to feed into your cry-baby apologist mentality.
Original post by Dan_211
incredible dumb ****

Tribalism is not inherently worse than the alternative; the "democratic" nations are horribly corrupt because they are banana republics manipulated by western capitalism politics; white colonialism was the cause of the Nazi party, indirectly, and also said colonial nations had no qualms with Nazi Germany subjugating it's own population and only intervened because they believed borders were of divine import, after Germany began invading and annexing other countries (and even then were extremely slow to respond until it directly threatened their place in the power dynamic of Europe.

Part of me is sorry your education failed you so badly but a larger part of me is looking forward to when you are held accountable for our willful ignorance.
Reply 64
Tribalism is not inherently worse than the alternative; the "democratic" nations are horribly corrupt because they are banana republics manipulated by western capitalism politics; white colonialism was the cause of the Nazi party, indirectly, and also said colonial nations had no qualms with Nazi Germany subjugating it's own population and only intervened because they believed borders were of divine import, after Germany began invading and annexing other countries (and even then were extremely slow to respond until it directly threatened their place in the power dynamic of Europe.

Part of me is sorry your education failed you so badly but a larger part of me is looking forward to when you are held accountable for our willful ignorance.

Yes living in a mud hut with no literacy dying at the age of 30-40 is better than the modern day equivalent, living until you’re 80, having a house, being able to write, having medicine if you get sick and not dying.

Completely ignoring all the black and Asian atrocities of course 😂

You’re a special case aren’t you?
Original post by Dan_211
Yes living in a mud hut with no literacy dying at the age of 30-40 is better than the modern day equivalent, living until you’re 80, having a house, being able to write, having medicine if you get sick and not dying.

Completely ignoring all the black and Asian atrocities of course 😂

You’re a special case aren’t you?

None of that is true of tribal cultures, the only truism is that's what was told by colonial era people who refused to acknowledge there is not only one acceptable form of existence.
Reply 66
None of that is true of tribal cultures, the only truism is that's what was told by colonial era people who refused to acknowledge there is not only one acceptable form of existence.

Go to Africa, there are tribes like I describe today.

Like I said, special case 😂
Original post by AllonsEnfants!
Systemic racism? What do you mean? Like, for example, the Target Oxbridge scheme only open to black African and Caribbean students and students of mixed race with black African and Caribbean heritage and sponsored by Oxford and Cambridge? (Provides a year long free programme including practice interviews; preparation for assessment tests and so forth to prospective students (so long as you're black)).

https://targetoxbridge.co.uk/the_programme.html

Maybe if they need that sort of help, it explains why black students get fewer firsts?

Yet they still recruit fewer BME students than proportionally representative, and fewer state school students even - and since the majority of BME students are state school students, and often are left attending the worst in the country due to the fact the systemic racism prevents their parents getting better jobs and moving to better school zones, it is necessary to correct for the problems I pointed out. Which anyone with two brain cells can see, so I assume you must have fewer.

Black students probably get fewer first because of that exact reason, since they have a weaker foundation due to social issues that affect them but are outside of their control - before you consider any subconscious biases that markers may have against such students where they are able to identify them, which has been well documented in research.
Yet they still recruit fewer BME students than proportionally representative

But that doesn't seem to be the case does it?

2011 Census UK

Black population as a percentage of overall UK population: 3%

2016 Applications to Cambridge University

Black applicants as a percentage of overall applicants: 3%

"Oxford and Cambridge are two institutions that do not appear to show systematic or consistent bias against black or less privileged applicants."

http://wonkhe.com/blogs/data-university-admissions-bias/
Original post by Dan_211

The dozens of Democratic Nations that now exist in and around Africa?

Mostly well said Dan.

Except, you say dozens, but can you name just one African country with a proper functioning democracy? And by that I mean a fair electoral system with an Opposition free from fear of death? Even the superstar, Botswana, which is about the best Africa has to offer, has had the same party in power for the last 51 years (elected every time of course).:wink:
Reply 70
Mostly well said Dan.

Except, you say dozens, but can you name just one African country with a proper functioning democracy? And by that I mean a fair electoral system with an Opposition free from fear of death? Even the superstar, Botswana, which is about the best Africa has to offer, has had the same party in power for the last 51 years (elected every time of course).:wink:

Rhodesia.

We left the foundations, they ruined it.
Original post by Dan_211
Rhodesia.

We left the foundations, they ruined it.

I meant today, under independent black rule.
Reply 72
I meant today, under independent black rule.

I don’t think there are any.

Maybe the virtue signaller can explain why countries such as one once referred to as “the breadbasket of Africa” can’t even feed their own people anymore?
Ugh
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 74
These are the same Emma Watson and JK Rowling who want complete government control from what you can buy to what you can think and say being described in the same sentence as liberals? 🤔
Erm...OP....

Did you ever look in the Oxford Dictionary at the official definition of Sex and Gender? Because at the moment, you're entire statement is a joke founded on the concept of hate and lies.
Original post by Ellieg333
So you say liberals just argue with clever people? Then why are so many clever people liberals? Stephen Fry (Cambridge), Sandy Toksvig (Cambridge), Stephen Hawking (Cambridge) Neil DeGrase Tyson (Harvard) Tilda Swinton (Cambridge) JK Rowling (Exeter) Prince William (St Andrews) Prince Charles (Cambridge) Ian McKellen (Cambridge) Emma Watson (oxford)

"Clever" people. Sorry, did you say "clever" people"?

Prince Charles?
Prince William?
Prince Edward? (sorry I put that one in for you in case you forgot)
Tilda Swinton? (ye gods)
Emma Watson? (gets worse)
Original post by IntrovertPizza
Erm...OP....

Did you ever look in the Oxford Dictionary at the official definition of Sex and Gender? Because at the moment, you're entire statement is a joke founded on the concept of hate and lies.

Preach
Original post by saayagain
Look at the conclusion of the article mate.

At the end of the day, what's the point of the concept of race? Answer this question.

The last paragraph: Race remains an inflammatory issue, both socially and scientifically. Fortunately, modern human genetics can deliver the salutary message that human populations share most of their genetic variation

Translation: Look guys we know how sensitive you are about race so we don’t want to be levelled Neo-Nazis therefore we will conclude by saying that most of the coding in human genes is in common.

It’s a meaningless statement because we know from the way DNA works that most is in common. 99% is in common with a rat. It’s the difference that counts not the similarity.

Th study found very discreet genetic commonalities with races.

What’s the point of race? What’s the point of a dog and a cat? Why don’t we just call them all animals?
Original post by Airplanebee2
The last paragraph: Race remains an inflammatory issue, both socially and scientifically. Fortunately, modern human genetics can deliver the salutary message that human populations share most of their genetic variation

Translation: Look guys we know how sensitive you are about race so we don’t want to be levelled Neo-Nazis therefore we will conclude by saying that most of the coding in human genes is in common.

It’s a meaningless statement because we know from the way DNA works that most is in common. 99% is in common with a rat. It’s the difference that counts not the similarity.

Th study found very discreet genetic commonalities with races.

What’s the point of race? What’s the point of a dog and a cat? Why don’t we just call them all animals?

How is the difference between two so called races the same as the difference between a dog and a cat?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending