The Student Room Group

Should the burka be banned? convince me

I'm a British Muslim and I'm interested to know as to why many people are strongly for the ban of the Burka?

Scroll to see replies

Yes
Apparently because nakedness is the new norm, and the males cannot digest the fact that women who cover themselves do not allow their bodies to be a feast for hungry eyes.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes

Original post by Anonymous
Apparently because nakedness is the new norm, and the males cannot digest the fact that women who cover themselves do not allow their bodies to be a feast for hungry eyes.

:toofunny: love how you both went anon
Reply 4
Original post by MrsMars
:toofunny: love how you both went anon

lol trust me. Just say it with your chest. But i agree with the other comment.
Me personally, i dont care. Most of the time where what you want. I suspect their arguement is that it can be used to conceal ones face should whey want mask there identity for whatever eg commiting a crime. I mean i get bike helmets and balaclavas in public areas for safety reasons but where does one draw the line. Thankfully i dont have to be the one to decide that line.
No.
Wait so you're a Muslim as well as a Black nationalist?

Islam is strongly against racism, if you were genuinely a Muslim you'd know that Islam is colourblind. I'm convinced you're just a massive troll OP.
Reply 8
I have no problem with the Hijab because it only covers hair and I can see the persons face.

I don’t like the burka because I can’t see the persons face and I don’t know who I’m speaking to. Security reasons.
No.
Yes. There is simply no purpose for it and it is a security issue. It is not even part of Islam. I can't believe it still hasn't been banned yet.
Reply 11
Original post by mature student
Wait so you're a Muslim as well as a Black nationalist?

Islam is strongly against racism, if you were genuinely a Muslim you'd know that Islam is colourblind. I'm convinced you're just a massive troll OP.

Black nationalism suggests a superiority complex, how could i of ALL people have a superiority complex. I am the very epitome of what modern society today is against and discriminates against strongly. Please return when you have spent a day, let alone a life as a Black Muslim female. Believe me, its isn't pretty.

So, i would like to kindly request that you never insinuate that i am a black nationalist with a superiority complex, when you don't even know me. Nor have you walked a day in my shoes..
Reply 12
Original post by wonderuss
Yes. There is simply no purpose for it and it is a security issue. It is not even part of Islam. I can't believe it still hasn't been banned yet.

Clearly, you have not educated yourself well enough on Islam. As, the burka is a part of Islam.
Its only becuase its Islam that people are so strongly against it, if Christianity were to have some form of face covering then more people would be fore it simply because its not Islam
Let women wear whatever they want to wear
Original post by coolio333
Black nationalism suggests a superiority complex, how could i of ALL people have a superiority complex. I am the very epitome of what modern society today is against and discriminates against strongly. Please return when you have spent a day, let alone a life as a Black Muslim female. Believe me, its isn't pretty.

So, i would like to kindly request that you never insinuate that i am a black nationalist with a superiority complex, when you don't even know me. Nor have you walked a day in my shoes..

Hahaha ok, next you'll be making a thread talking about how hard it is being homosexual. Then it'll be transgendered. Please tell us the daily struggles a privileged 14-year-old living in the wealthy 1st world who has never had to work a day in there lives has to endure, please.

You can't be a black supremacist and a Muslim, I suggest you choose which angle you're going to troll from, please.
Clearly, you have not educated yourself well enough on Islam. As, the burka is a part of Islam.

Where in the Quran does it mandate the Burqa (it's spelt Burqa, what's a Burka? Shouldn't a "Muslim" know this) Show us the verse please.

Your names Coolio I noticed, is that referencing Coolio the rapper? Rap and music is forbidden in Islam, boy you're a good "Muslim".
(edited 6 years ago)

lol go read your Quran mate
Original post by _princessxox
Let women wear whatever they want to wear

No, not when it's a security issue.
Reply 19
Original post by mature student
Hahaha ok, next you'll be making a thread talking about how hard it is being homosexual. Then it'll be transgendered. Please tell us the daily struggles a privileged 14-year-old living in the wealthy 1st world who has never had to work a day in there lives has to endure, please.

You can't be a black supremacist and a Muslim, I suggest you choose which angle you're going to troll from, please.

Again, not a black supremacist nor am i troll. What sad person has the time to make a up a lie about their ethnicity and religion. Despite even my age - which you so condescendingly enjoy pointing out - racist and islamophobic people have no care for my age.

As, a POC and Muslim women, believe me i struggle with both common prejudice and blind racism. Lol try walking down the street and see how it feels when almost everyone looks at you like you about to either rob them or hurt them. LOL. So, please return when you Have endured the life of a POC or Muslim.
You probably wouldn't understand :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending