The Student Room Group

Advice on switching degrees?

I currently study politics and philosophy at Uni of Sheff (semester 1 of year 1), want to change to politics and IR in my second semester. I’m 99% sure it would be possible because I’ve done 40 credits in politics this semester so would do 60 credits next semester so would have 100 credits in politics and IR. just want people’s opinions is it worth it or should I stick it out with politics and philosophy for a bit longer?
Original post by Harljade
I currently study politics and philosophy at Uni of Sheff (semester 1 of year 1), want to change to politics and IR in my second semester. I’m 99% sure it would be possible because I’ve done 40 credits in politics this semester so would do 60 credits next semester so would have 100 credits in politics and IR. just want people’s opinions is it worth it or should I stick it out with politics and philosophy for a bit longer?

If you're really not enjoying the Philosophy side of things, then its absolutely worth switching. The process requires a lot of admin, so you've got to ask yourself why you want to change, what you hope to achieve by changing and how the joint honour of Philosophy chould jeopardise that.

Otherwise, you need to visit your Personal tutor. If both courses are run by the same faculty, it should be easy to move, but you would most likely need them to write some sort of reference or something similar.
Original post by Harljade

If you know you'd prefer just pure politics, it's worth asking to switch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending