The Student Room Group

USA vs Canada

Hello.
My name is Janvi Pabari.
I have just completed my O level/IGCSEs receiving 8A*s and 2As and I want to study medicine in the future but I am confused whether to apply to USA or Canada. In USA, I would go straight to University for my bachelor's degree while in Canada, I would have to go for a 1 year uni preparation course after which I would go to uni.
If there is anyone who has faced the same dilemma or has some knowledge or experience in this kind of a situation, any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Janvi Pabari
Reply 1
i would recommend america but dont u think u need A levels ?
Original post by Cannon1
i would recommend america but dont u think u need A levels ?
s

The uni I am applying to: Rutgers University in New Jersey doesn't need A levels for admission.
Is there any reason that you would recommend America which could influence my decision?
Reply 3
Original post by Janvi Pabari
s

The uni I am applying to: Rutgers University in New Jersey doesn't need A levels for admission.
Is there any reason that you would recommend America which could influence my decision?

what about canada does it need A levels ?
btw it depends where you want to work because in canada it would be hard to find a job with america's degree
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Cannon1
btw it depends where you want to work because in canada it would be hard to find a job with america's degree

can u please tell me the uni that u want to apply for in canada
It especially depends on where you want to work in the future. Also, you would need some form of education in these two years between IGCSE and uni. Think about where you want to go, and depending on that make the right choice
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Cannon1

Canada does not need A levels. They do however need pre uni which is basically A levels done in the span of 5-10 months for which I have received an offer from a college: The Great Lakes College of Toronto. Have you heard of it? Do you know if it is a good college?
I am not too sure where I want to work. Do you have an idea where it would be easier to find a job (with the respective degrees)?
Original post by GuyfromtheWA
It especially depends on where you want to work in the future. Also, you would need some form of education in these two years between IGCSE and uni. Think about where you want to go, and depending on that make the right choice

In Canada that bridge between IGCSE and Uni is pre uni/university preparation course. However, at Rutgers, they do admit students with only IGCSE unless I am mistaken. Do you know anything about that?
Reply 8
In Canada that bridge between IGCSE and Uni is pre uni/university preparation course. However, at Rutgers, they do admit students with only IGCSE unless I am mistaken. Do you know anything about that?

The Great Lakes College of Toronto yes i think its a good college
(edited 6 years ago)

Sorry, no. I'm trying to go to the UK, so I didn't research about the States

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending