The Student Room Group

Why is israel untouchable?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wired_1800
Ok, that is new.

No, it isn't. Saying "X rule the world" is saying "X are subverting our democracy (or other established system of government) and becoming tyrannical rulers that we have to resist".
Original post by anarchism101
No, it isn't. Saying "X rule the world" is saying "X are subverting our democracy (or other established system of government) and becoming tyrannical rulers that we have to resist".

No, that is your understanding of what was said. You have to ask the commenter to expand on what was said to get their explanation. If it ties in, then you conclude.

It is lazy thinking to deduce from a few words and come to a conclusion on your own, when the commenter has clearly said that your understanding was not in line to what they said.

It is one of the main issues of our generation, we jump to conclusion and get offended, rather than engaging and establishing factual statements.

It is cool though, we live and we learn.
Original post by zetamcfc
Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

He isn't being sarcastic, Adolf. Most sane people find Jew-hatred to be inexplicable and insane.

Clearly that's a point of view that puzzles you.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by miss_ambitious
I do respect all religions, however, thining that Judaism is so superior and better than any other forms of religion is quiet disrespectful.

Err, all religions think they are superior. I've never met a Muslim who didn't think Islam is the only true religion, undoubtedly superior to all and in the end will rule the world.

Is that "disrespectful"? It seems you are holding Jews to a higher standard than other religions
Original post by Wired_1800
X

Given Jews don't actually run the world, and there's no evidence they do, one can only conclude you are reaching these conclusions by reading, and accepting, neo-Nazi tracts and far-right literature.
Original post by AlexanderHam
Given Jews don't actually run the world, and there's no evidence they do, one can only conclude you are reaching these conclusions by reading, and accepting, neo-Nazi tracts and far-right literature.

Ok
Original post by AlexanderHam
He isn't being sarcastic, Adolf. Most sane people find Jew-hatred to be inexplicable and insane.

Well, I'd say it's irrational rather than inexplicable. Plenty of historical work has been done into explaining the historical emergence and prevalence of anti-semitism, as with racism more broadly, but that's not the same as saying that it's justified, or remotely holds up as a rational worldview.

For example, the Southern White American racism towards African Americans in the Jim Crow era has a relatively clear political explanation - Dixiecrat leaders' monopolisation of power depended on maintaining among their white voters the belief that they would be threatened should blacks gain civil and political rights.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by DJ Jihad
Total control of software technology and blackmail of politicians via paedophilia.

When the NHS databases had a wobble earlier this year, that was Israel keeping us in check.

Please kept putting up those videos there funny and show how delusional people who believe Jews rule world are.
Original post by calsmith12
Riggggght, because Israel is so innocent, aren't they?

Israel invented skunk cannons (a vile contraption that sprays fecal matter, urine and harmful chemicals) to use against Palestinian civilians.

Israel has murdered 2,167 Palestinian children since 2000.

Israel uses a primitive form of circumcision in which rabbis use their teeth to perform the penile operation.

Same sex marriage is illegal in Israel, Blood donation from Gays is illegal in Israel, Adoption by Gays is illegal in Israel, Gay conversion is also legal and rife in Israel. So don't paint them as some LGBT wonderland paradise.

Almost all of those points you mentioned are clearly BS.

If they're not, maybe give some evidence please.
Original post by miss_ambitious
If people do speak out, we'd be labelled "anti-semitic,anti-zionists" etc. So what is the truth about the Middle East and Israel? Why do the UK and US have such respect to a country that tears apart others? I really don't mean to be disrespectful but PLEASE READ THIS! http://www.rense.com/general73/sunto.htm The Jewish woman who wrote this uses the Holocaust as a victim card. We all know the Holocaust was tragic and inhumane, however worse things happen to Syria, Palestine and the Rohingya Muslims! Do we see them demanding things? They believe they are the "Chosen people". Of course what can i say about that? It isn't my religion I'm a Christian.

It's true that the Israeli government has done and is doing some terrible things, but so are a lot of other governments in the Middle East - for example, Saudi Arabia's government is currently arming rebels in the Yemeni Civilian war and bombing civilians there, while Egypt's government is murdering journalists.

Yet for some reason, it is Israel - the only Jewish state - that gets almost all of the criticism, while the equally bad if not worse actions of all the other Muslim Middle Eastern states are neglected.

It is not anti-Semitic to criticise the Israeli government, but it is anti-Semitic to do so disproportionately and ignore the terrible actions of the other 95% of states in the Middle East.

Also, to those who say it isn't anti-Semitic to be anti-Zionist, try and consider it from the perspective of the Jewish people. Jews have been persecuted & expelled from European states for millennia, ultimately culminating in the worst genocide the world has ever seen - the Holocaust. In the wake of millennias of persecution, it's not surprising, in my opinion, that Jewish people after WW2 wanted just one Jewish majority state to ensure their security.

Personally, I think it would be anti-Semitic to seek to deny them this.
If they started killing Europeans and started claiming British land say, would u still think it'd be selfish to deny them the land that does not belong to them
Original post by LeapingLucy
It's true that the Israeli government has done and is doing some terrible things, but so are a lot of other governments in the Middle East - for example, Saudi Arabia's government is currently arming rebels in the Yemeni Civilian war and bombing civilians there, while Egypt's government is murdering journalists.

Yet for some reason, it is Israel - the only Jewish state - that gets almost all of the criticism, while the equally bad if not worse actions of all the other Muslim Middle Eastern states are neglected.

It is not anti-Semitic to criticise the Israeli government, but it is anti-Semitic to do so disproportionately and ignore the terrible actions of the other 95% of states in the Middle East.

Also, to those who say it isn't anti-Semitic to be anti-Zionist, try and consider it from the perspective of the Jewish people. Jews have been persecuted & expelled from European states for millennia, ultimately culminating in the worst genocide the world has ever seen - the Holocaust. In the wake of millennias of persecution, it's not surprising, in my opinion, that Jewish people after WW2 wanted just one Jewish majority state to ensure their security.

Just to clarify my position before I answer this. I expect anyone who's seen me talk about the topic that if I had to be positioned on a "side", I'm strongly pro-Palestinian. But I think I've shown both here and in other threads that I despise white supremacists, anti-semites and Holocaust deniers; they're scum who I want nowhere near the pro-Palestine movement. Indeed, they embody the most ugly version of ethno-nationalism - and being opposed to ethnocracy and ethno-nationalism is precisely why I take the stance I do on Israel-Palestine.

Now, with that said, here goes:

Original post by LeapingLucy

Throughout the Cold War, various African states were engaged in terrible things, yet invariably criticism was overwhelmingly directed towards the only white state (or states when UDI Rhodesia was still around) on the continent. It wasn't that everyone was seriously arguing that South Africa was worse than all the other states, it was that South Africa had become a cause célèbre. And that the South African apartheid regime was so systematic and institutionalised compared to the others, and could be viewed through a lens of continuing settler colonialism.

Israel-Palestine has become a similar cause célèbre, and indeed there are characteristics of it that seem unique. Obviously the grand millenialist overtones about the supposedly "eternal conflict" for "The Holy Land" is an journalistically attractive (if misleading and silly) trope, but there are other reasons. Like South Africa, Israel & Zionism have been viewed through a lens of settler colonialism. Even at a purely normative legalistic level, whatever we can say about the horrible regimes through the rest of the region, none are really engaged in an ongoing territorial occupation - indeed, the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories is the oldest occupation still ongoing. The only other states in the wider region engaged in occupations are Morocco (Western Sahara) and Turkey (Northern Cyprus) - and theirs are both slightly "younger".

There are a couple of other issues with this reasoning, but seriously, think about this. To create a Jewish majority state you need to create a Jewish-majority territory, when none existed before. Unless you pick a completely uninhabited area, how are you going to achieve that if not by i) denying the people inhabiting the area political control over it, and or ii) expelling the people inhabiting the area from it? And if you can't, then are you seriously saying that the opposition of the people inhabiting the area (namely the Palestinians) to i) and ii) in itself constituted anti-semitism?

Creating an ethnocratic state, a state centred around a particular ethnic group in which that group must always be a majority, inherently implies treating members of other ethnic groups as a threat who can never be fully equal. It implies that, if necessary to prevent the central ethnic group from becoming a minority (which would almost certainly mean the state's dissolution), members of other ethnic groups can be deprived of their citizenship rights or even expelled from the country.
Original post by anarchism101
I'm strongly pro-Palestinian

What a news! :cool:
But I think I've shown both here and in other threads that I despise white supremacists, anti-semites and Holocaust deniers;

Irrelevant. It doesn't provide you free ticket to be bias toward the Jewish state and Jewish people.
they're scum who I want nowhere near the pro-Palestine movement.

What you want is irrelevant , what you say is hypocritical. Almost all Palestinians you strongly support have anti-Semitic views.
Indeed, they embody the most ugly version of ethno-nationalism - and being opposed to ethnocracy and ethno-nationalism is precisely why I take the stance I do on Israel-Palestine.

And again hypocrisy. You have no problem with creating ethnically cleansed from Jews Palestinian state.

Sorry, I'm too lazy to comment the rest of your nonsense. :smile:
Original post by admonit

Irrelevant. It doesn't provide you free ticket to be bias toward the Jewish state and Jewish people.

What you want is irrelevant , what you say is hypocritical. Almost all Palestinians you strongly support have anti-Semitic views.

And again hypocrisy. You have no problem with creating ethnically cleansed from Jews Palestinian state.

I've attempted to debate with you on a few occasions, and you've demonstrated yourself to be either incapable or unwilling (or a bit of both) to engage in a serious argument.
Original post by Kathy89
Which is Illegal now and is no longer in use.

In Israel only the extermist cults do that. The rest require curcumcision to be preformed by a Rabbi with a medical background, he must be at least a medical assistant.

Same sex marriages as well as marriage of a Jewish and non-Jewish person can be recognized by the government if preformed abroad. Sorry, but because I am Jewish I cannot marry my boyfriend whose mother is not Jewish. Not talking about same sex marriage. In many Arab countries being gay is illegal, not talking about marrying a gay.....

OMG.... I wanted to write about it, but you made it so much better!
I am an Israeli non-religious Jew and I am not Zionist.

"Which is Illegal now and is no longer in use"
The Israeli government used skunk cannon yesterday against protesters in Jerusalem.

"In Israel only the extermist cults do that. The rest require curcumcision to be preformed by a Rabbi with a medical background, he must be at least a medical assistant"
I know this, I was just demonstrating the fact that extremists are present in every society, not just arab states.

"Same sex marriages as well as marriage of a Jewish and non-Jewish person can be recognized by the government if preformed abroad. Sorry, but because I am Jewish I cannot marry my boyfriend whose mother is not Jewish. Not talking about same sex marriage. In many Arab countries being gay is illegal, not talking about marrying a gay..... "
Ohhh, same sex marriage is legal as long as the marriage is in another country. That's okay then.
Original post by yoloyodo
The circumcision is not an Iraeli thing. Its a Jewish thing. dont get them confused and teeth are niot used.

Metzitzah B'Peh
Original post by looloo2134
Have you ever been to Israel or Palestine areas I have I been to Tel Aviv Gay Pride.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/kwk3na/tel-aviv-pride-parade-2016-photos

I have also been to West Bank as a woman it was terrifying I have long blonde hair. As I walking down the street the men were pulling my hair and groping my breasts The women and children spit at me. I was made to feel so welcome.

I also been Bethlehem in the West Bank which used to have around 86 % in 1950s of the population Christian now it 12%. Israel has a higher percentage of Arab Christian than Palestine areas.

Marriage in Israel can only happen in license religious building people who or non religious LGBT marriage aboard. LGBT openly service in the Israeli army and women fight on the front line. Arab Israelis are 20% of the population and are not required to serve in the Israeli military

Palestine Muslims have been know to teach their children to hate Jews groups of Palestine children go out of throw stones at solders who forced to sometime use force against them. I have no respect or similarly for parents who are compared to kill their own children.

Yeah, never mind the gay conversions, the illegal gay marriage, the illegal gay blood transfusion, what about muh pride march?

How is two isolated incidents in the West Bank and Israel a good representative sample of the entire population? I know women who've been to Jerusalem and been harassed by Orthodox Jews but have had no problem in Istanbul.

I don't see what Christianity has to do with this?
Original post by Onde
Of course, someone could say the same of Palestinians if you go back far enough.

Israelis have the highest rate of skin cancer in the world. Now one would argue that Israelis are not used to the Arab sun because they've been away from their "homeland" for thousands of years; but the flaw with that argument is that Judaism and evolution are incompatible.

So please explain to me why Israelis are suffering such high skin cancer rates if they are native to the land?
Original post by admonit

You need to chill. This is a TSR thread, so take it easy a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending