The Student Room Group

Graduate entry medicine with a paramedic degree

I am currently in the process of applying to my undergraduate course at university, with the intention of going on to do graduate entry medicine once I have graduated. One course I am considering is paramedical science (to be a paramedic) but I am unsure if this degree would make me eligible to study GEM? If anyone knows and could let me know that would be great
Original post by Alice Brooks
I am currently in the process of applying to my undergraduate course at university, with the intention of going on to do graduate entry medicine once I have graduated. One course I am considering is paramedical science (to be a paramedic) but I am unsure if this degree would make me eligible to study GEM? If anyone knows and could let me know that would be great

Should be OK,but why aren't you looking at UG med?
Unfortunately by the time I realised how passionate I was about doing medicine I had chosen the wrong subjects at school, and in Scotland we have to get advanced highers aswell as highers which I don't have the time to get as I only have six months left of school, but it's my dream job so I'm happy to take the extra time to get there!
Original post by Alice Brooks
Unfortunately by the time I realised how passionate I was about doing medicine I had chosen the wrong subjects at school, and in Scotland we have to get advanced highers aswell as highers which I don't have the time to get as I only have six months left of school, but it's my dream job so I'm happy to take the extra time to get there!

That's a perfect idea, but remember GEM is as competitive as UG Med, and the funding situation is not the same as UG

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending