The Student Room Group

Is it Wrong to Prefer Richer Guys?

I'm Swedish and just moved UK for uni after travelling. I'd say I'm like a 6-7/10, slim and blonde. A lot of the UK women in my town (Middlesborough) aren't so attractive (no offence) so I think I have the chance.

Anyway for some reason wanting a richer boyfriend (eg an older, or an investment Banker) is frowned upon in the UK?

Why is this?

Scroll to see replies

Gucci
Reply 2
Because in the UK they think relationship should not be about money but love.
Because that seems like you're only with them for their money and what they can buy you instead of who they are as a person. Lots of people who are rich are now keeping that secret when first dating people so they aren't just dating them to get stuff.
Because you don't particularly like the person, your 'relationship' is just a transaction.
Original post by Anonymous
Anyway for some reason wanting a richer boyfriend (eg an older, or an investment Banker) is frowned upon in the UK?

Why is this?

It's fine, as long as you won't mind them wanting a younger woman at some point. That's the issue with shallow relationships.
It's perfectly natural and most people would prefer a partner that does well financially. Picking a partner SOLELY for their money is another matter.
It's poor guys only defense against females' hypergamous tendencies, they have to demonise rich guys as "greedy", "selfish", etc
Reply 8
It means you're a gold digger nice person.
The problem you have is most rich guys won't go for a girl who is less than 8/10 unless he has a face like a parmo.
Reply 10
Original post by Quantex
The problem you have is most rich guys won't go for a girl who is less than 8/10 unless he has a face like a parmo.

She's Swedish, so probably 8/10 in the UK.
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
I'm Swedish and just moved UK for uni after travelling. I'd say I'm like a 6-7/10, slim and blonde. A lot of the UK women in my town (Middlesborough) aren't so attractive (no offence) so I think I have the chance.

Why is this?

How old? How rich?
Maybe because most of us want to be financially independent rather than sacrificing our dignity to use websites like sugardaddie.
Original post by Quantex

What's a parmo?

Original post by edd522
She's Swedish, so probably 8/10 in the UK.

I'm probably ugly for the Swedish, look like the average university girl at uni here (white ones), and am hotter than the women from the town I'm in.
Send me a nude and I'll tell you if you can bag an Investment Banker.
Hehe we live in the same town
of course not. men don't like it but so what, if they can have a preference for thinner, more attractive women then we can have a preference for riches.
Original post by Quantex

kinda BS, I'm certainly lower than an 8/10 but have had a sugardaddy. young rich guys yes, they will have higher standards. but a butt ugly rich guy will probably be happy with a 6/10. above looks its youth, a nice body and sex they want.
its very natural and normal.

of course you want love as well.. but lets not kid around, its possible to fall in love with many different people, some rich, some poor..

so why not go for the rich guy and have a nicer life?

---

The main thing about the UK though is that you have to remember that we have an incredibly built in and stubborn class system. Its very different from other countries, and people resent those in other classes quite substantially sometimes.

I remember someone saying (I dont remember who):

In the USA a poor person sees a really posh car come up, park, and two rich people come out and thinks 'I want to be like them'
In the UK a poor person sees a really nice car come up, park, and two rich people come out and thinks 'posh ******s..'

----

Anyway, if you can, and you love him, marry as rich a guy as possible. Your just as likely to find an awful guy no matter what level of wealth he has, there are just as many poor ********s as rich, so go for it.
Going for a guy just for his money is wrong and it's not gonna work out in the long run. He's probably gonna go for a younger women at some point (when you get old) and then who would want you then? He's left ya, you're 50 years old and you're an old poor women.

Or you could go for a guy coz you love him ,have kids if you want to. Go through ups and downs, support each other and live happily ever after till death separates you. So why waste your youth on an old rich man who is gonna dump you as soon as you hit your 50s and go for lets say a 28 year old women. Money doesn't buy you happiness you know.

I hope what I said made you think a little bit...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending